Car Rental Advice?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JohnE, Apr 7, 2004.

1. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Does anyone have a recommendation for a car rental service? I'll be needing a vehicle to drive from Seattle to Los Angeles and back again for the a week at the end of May. I'm looking for either a mid-sized sedan or a minivan. What companies are affordable and good to work with? Thanks.

2. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

I frequently rent cars for business travel. Although I won't recommend a particular company to you, the following may be helpful if you've never rented a car before:

1) Insurance coverage (extended coverage) - this is natually up to you, if the daily or overall premium is worth it to you. Keep in mind that some credit cards provide some form of car rental insurance if you use the card to pay for the rental. It may be useful to check this out.

2) Milage - in addition to the daily car rate, determine if there is a milage limitation. Some rental agencies will give you unlimited milage, others may allow say... 100 kms per day and charge you a per-mile/kilometer charge for any excess. In some rare cases (and highly unlikely in a large city), the agency will give NO free miles. I doubt you will come across the latter.

3) Drop off - are you planning to drop the car off in LA, or keep it while you're down there? Some rental agencies charge a dropoff fee if you're returning a car at a location or city other than the originating city.

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Quite often your own car insurance will cover you for rental cars. My State Farm coverage does this for us.

4. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I don't have a particular rental car company to recommend, but I would point you in the direction of some of the usual places to get great deals on cars.

www.hotwire.com
    www.priceline.com

I recently got a mid-size car for $16 a day through priceline. Unlimited mileage and XM radio!

Paul

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Most auto insurance is going to cover you know matter what you're driving. Some of the rental companies only offer coverage for the deductible on your regular policy. Their idea is that minor damage you wouldn't necessarily repair on your own car you are going to have to pay for on their's, so you should get their additional coverage. Not that I buy into this mind you, I just know how they work.

6. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
  7. carnegie

carnegie Auditioning

Meet and Greet Service at Hong Kong Airport or Shenzhen/Guangzhou Airport and transfer to hotel, railway or ferry station ;

Pick up at any hotel in Hong Kong , Kowloon or Shenzhen/Guangzhou and transfer to Hong Kong airport or Shenzhen/Guangzhou airport ;

Car Rental for factory visit (Shenzhen , Dongguan , Huizhou , Zhongshan , Guangzhou , Foshan etc) ;

Group or Individual sightseeing ;

Shopping in Hong Kong or Shenzhen ;

Important business appointment ;
    Rent car with driver
    Phone:86-852-60620364
    E-mail:[email protected]