Car Paint Question...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason Tracewell, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Jason Tracewell

Jason Tracewell Stunt Coordinator

My wife has a 2001 Toyota Corolla that has the Indigo Ink paint (8p4)... Now, I have been looking all over the net, and even asked my local dealership, trying to find out whether this color has a clearcoat to it.. Would anyone know whether this color has a clearcoat to it or not? I don't believe it does, but I want to make sure.. I am planning on buying some car care products and need to know what kind of paint job it is before I order.. I am hoping someone here knows and can help me out...

Thanks!

-Jason

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

jason -

i think (but am not positive) that most new vehicles have a clearcoat.

are you getting the zaino products? i recently inquired to them about a couple of my cars and the guy said they did have the clearcoat.

i think the website is zainobros.com - somewhere i have a pretty good thread with info about these guys and their products. do a search started by me...

ted

3. Jason Tracewell

Maybe I'll ask them too..

Yeah, I am getting the Zaino stuff... I have been following the threads for a while.. [​IMG]

Talked the wife into getting it for her car and my new car, but have been trying to find out about her car, but it doesn't say anywhere if it is or isn't.... That's the problem... I know a lot of new cars have the clearcoat, but I know a few don't either

Thanks for the help! I think I'll email them and see what they say too...

BTW, how well did the Zaino stuff work for you? I haven't seen anything bad about them yet, but I like hearing stories from normal people and how well it worked... I don't plan on entering my car in a show, I just want it to look nice and stay nice... [​IMG]

Thanks again!!!

-Jason

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i never did get around to buying the stuff (wallet isn't happy with me lately) but i know if i get anything -- it's gonna be this stuff.

be sure to post your results too. some of the guys from the other thread were (apparantly) happy with the results.

5. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    You need to get the Franklin Badge from Paula first.

6. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Jason, ask the Zaino guys. Chances are they will probably be able to look it up for you. If not, I'd see if you can talk to someone at a Toyota repair place. I would think they would know.

Zaino rocks. Used it on my '88 Firebird, and it's just AMAZING. I've only got this photo online, but look at the hood in the pic ... (Keep in mind ... this was taken on a cloudy day, after I'd used the stuff for the first time. I *had* to take pics, as the difference was astounding!)

[​IMG]

You should see it on a bright 'n sunny day. After a couple more coats. Looks like you can stick your hand in the wetness! I've tried just about every other wax/polish that is available. I'm never using anything else. [​IMG]

I'm a firm member of the CultOfZaino. [​IMG]

Have you seen the pics on the Zaino site? They are true, once you get a few coats on!

Being a 3rd-gen Firebird nut, there is a photo of a red GTA there that just blows my mind. But it TOTALLY shows you what you can do with this stuff...

7. Jason Tracewell

Good news, I got a response from Zaino (Very fast response, I like that!) and from Toyota themselves (I emailed them almost a week ago) and both said yes, I do have a clear coat paint job... [​IMG]

Then Toyota went into the history of how they paint cars and their process and steps.. Quite informative for just wanting to know if I had a certain type of paint job... [​IMG]

So, now I know and will be making my order tonight! Thanks guys for the help... and for turning me to the wonderful world of Zaino...

Tony: Your car looks awesome... That is the reason I want this stuff... From peoples' reaction to using this stuff, how could anybody not use it... And I did see the photos on their site, but I wanted to hear and see from 'real' people... Anyone can make there product look good... But customer satisfaction tells the true tale of whether it works or not.. [​IMG]

Thanks again guys!! Ya'll are informative as always... I knew there was a reason I came here everyday... Oh yeah, for my home theater addiction too... But that's a whole other thread.. [​IMG]

-Jason