What's new

Car invertors (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Do you all have any experience with them? We're having another baby and take long trips frequently. My question is if I get a 1500 watt inverter can I run a microwave while driving down the road? I need some suggestions for heating food and bottles.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure I would want a microwave in my car but one of these might do the trick. Plus a smaller inverter would work too. You could also look into getting the car wired for an electrical outlet too. My car came with a standard 110 volt wall outlet right under the arm rest.

http://www.avent.com/uk/en/sterilise...tle_warmer.php

Direct from the Avent website

"Note: AVENT recommends that you do not heat baby milk or food in a microwave as uneven heating may cause burns to the throat and some vitamins may be destroyed. "

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You mean actually driving down the road and using an inverter to run a microwave? I think a microwave is a pretty high drain device...

If you're looking at warming up liquids while moving, you can easily buy a bunch of those hand warmer packs that are like a $1 each when bought on sale. they get very hot and if you wrap it in a burn proof lexan container like a nalgene bottle, you can warm them up pretty good for less than the cost of an inverter.

If you plan on doing things when stopped, a simple coleman's burner will work that runs on propane... that can be used as a stove too..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks