What's new

Car Forums (1 Viewer)

AbelM

Second Unit
Is there any good place to tlak about cars and SUV's and Trucks and Vans at? Do any of you guys' go to places like here for cars?

Also, what's a good review website for new cars?

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
I will second the edmunds.com suggestion. Their Town Hall is chock full of informative automotiveness.
I found that by reading car-specific town hall discussions at Edmunds long enough, I can pick out references to other good sites.
If you want specific car sites, Temple of VTEC (www.vtec.net) will have everything you want to know about Honda/Acura.
Bimmer.org for BMW and Porsche.
Bimmerfest.com for BMW.
Audiworld.com for Audi.
One BIG problem I have noticed: ANY other forum pales in comparison to the Home Theater Forum, no matter what aspect you are considering.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Here's another vote for bimmer.org (roadfly). ANYTHING you want to know about your specific BMW can be found there, such as how to get into the radio service mode to adjust the parameters of the speed sensitive volume control, etc.
Of course, it's not moderated nearly as well as HTF, so you get some flames and wacky posts, especially directed towards Lexus and Mercedes owners. :)

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Philip,
I definitely agree with you there. Being a Bimmer...well...former Bimmer owner...sob:frowning: I got really tired of all the flame wars and juvenile antics on bimmer.org. It took a lot of sorting to find any worthwhile posts so I just quit going there. I found the members at audiworld to be very friendly and civil. But my next car is still going to be a Z3 or M roadster.:D Come on mid life crisis.;)
Alex

Brett_H

Second Unit
VWVortex
Sometimes good, but a lot of the time it degenerates to discussions about "Big Azz Wheelzzz" and the like.
-Brett.
(VW Fanatic, creatively known as bhaney on the 'vortex)

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Being a poster on vwvortex (sopipari over there), I have to agree with Brett. It's so true that I'm 1/2 laughing, 1/2 crying.
There's also www.vwenthusiast.com which is run by a friend of mine for all you VW people. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks