What's new

Car CD player or a DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Zane Johnson

Agent
okay i'm finally gonna do it... i'm either gonna buy a DVD player for my home theater (the one piece i am missing to make it complete) or i'm gonna buy a In-dash CD head unit for the car... i have approx. $160 to work with... also for the car the head unit is the only thing i am missing. my home theater consists of:
JVC 6000v DD/DTS reciever (100x5)
Kenwood 5 disc carousel CD changer
HiFi VCR
Kenwood quartz senthesized AM/FM radio Receiver
Kenwood 14 band graphic equalizer
Kenwood double cassete deck
SounDesign 80 watt amplifier running a 15" subwoofer on the LFE
Kenwood 400 watt stereo power amplifier that will soon be running two of the same sub i have now...a fischer BTW
Mains: Kenwood JL-801's 12" 6" 2"
Center: RCA center speaker 6" full range (very crappy)
rears: Kenwood surround moniters 6" full range drivers
car stereo:
no head unit yet
Kenwood 400 watt 2 channel amplifier (KAC-8020)gonna run 2 HiFonics 10" subs
Targa 4 channel 200 watt amplifier (50x4,100x2) gonna run two Kenwood 5.25"s in the rear catching the mids and highs and two Alpine hard dome tweeters catching the highs in the front doors
should i go for the DVD player..gonna be cheap..only got $160, or should i get the Car head unit... i can get a decent one for that amount of money..

Zane:
The question I think you have to ask is "Which one will I get more use out of"? If you only watch maybe one movie a week on your VCR, but you spend more of your time in your car to and from work and on the weekends. Then I would go for the CD player. Also you have to consider what kind of DVD player you are looking at. The budget you've stated really doesn't leave you with many options, especially after you buy about 3 or 4 movies with the player :D.
But ultimately it is up to you. It's your money to enjoy which ever way you want. Good luck with your decision.
StephenT

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
DVD would be my vote, but then again you need to understand that I rarely even turn on the CD player that's in my vehicle.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
dvd player all the way.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Fred R

Auditioning
I have a new rarely used Kenwood car CD player sitting in front of me. When we got our new vehicle I didn't even bother putting it in my truck. But I do have a DVD player and desperately want to upgrade to the new PANNY. Yes, DVD all the way.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
From the looks of those specs/brand names, it seems you are more into car audio. Maybe the in-dash CD receiver would be a better choice for you? Well put it this way; how many CDs do you have compared to the # of DVDs in you own?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks