What's new

Capture with Dazzle DV-Bridge problem (1 Viewer)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Hi, I have a Power Mac G4 with 1GB of RAM and 300 GB of Hard drive, running system 10.3.2.

I use Dazzle DV bridge to copy from VHS tapes, 8MM tapes and segments from DVDs successfully and the picture quality is the best it appears from its source and it looks good both on TV and my monitor. I use iMovie and the results are very good and sharp as the original.

The problem now is I decided to try and capture from a Laserdisc. As a test, I captured a segment from a film not likely to appear on DVD, the Original Star Wars (not spec ed) and a Pink Floyd Concert. When I used the same setup and imported the video, it came out all grainy, little pixelated and heavily jagged on images that have sharp defined lines. The player is a Pioneer 909, and I have used both RCA inputs and S-Video to the same result. I have even recorded directly to a DV CAM, then imported the taped segment and still the same. Anyone have an idea where the problem might be? It seems to me the likely source is the LD player, since other analog sources going through the bridge import just fine. Thanks for any help.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
UPDATE: Sorry for the long delay, but I finally captured all of Ep. IV from the laser disc. It was jagged in iMovie, but when burned to DVD it all smoothed out, no jaggies at all. It looks great, considering the source. It would be nice to have it on dual layer so I don't have to use 2 discs (2 hour time limit).

I'm happy now because I have the original unedited Ep. IV-VI on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks