Capture problems

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Phil L, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Ok- I thought before I get to the problems it might help for me to list the equipment- capture card is a Lifeview 2000, sound card is a soundblaster audigy, processor is an Athalon 1900+, 512 ram, capturing to a HD with 160 free gb, 7200, 8mb cache.

I'm capturing to HuyffUV.

First problem- I can't capture with Virtual Dub. Or piratically any other capture app. The only two I've gotten to work are FLY2000 TV and the lifeview software that came with the card. Virtual Dub and other apps fail to capture any frames at all.

It took quite a while to get Virtual Dub to recognize the capture card at all. I had to use the method described here:

http://www.shdon.com/view.php?doc=vcfaq

Second problem: I can't capture enough frames/ or at a steady frame rate. When capturing with the FLY 2000 TV at 640x480 the best frame rate I can get is around 13, although the processor never goes above 50%. At 320x240 it's about 28.

When I do capture I can't encode, at least with Virtual Dub. I get an error when I try to save (source image format is not acceptable, error code -2).

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I've been there and done that in getting Vdub to work with this card and finally gave up on it. Although it did eventually work it wasn't as stable as Fly 2000 TV. Thinking about it the only reason I wanted to capture in Vdub is because I was familiar with it over the years. Fly 2k was made for this card and has more settings to configure.

Try undoing everything you did in that FAQ and use Fly 2k exclusively. In the Settings > Options Menu try using these settings:

[​IMG]

640x480 must be the setting for the video stream, even if you record at 320x240 in the Record settings.

3. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

4. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

Bump.

Anyone have any ideas?

The main problem is the frame rate at 640x480. I can work around everything else.