What's new

Captions Needed for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think all the big companies offer them though. Fox, Universal, MGM, Warner, Columbia TriStar...it's the smaller companies that people are complaining about in this thread.

Gord

Roger_R

Second Unit
I was complaining about MGM's Stargate SG-1 DVDs :)
CC but no subs, and the CCs have 20 different spellings for the various names.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
CCs are sometimes done by peopel who aren't familiar with the shows. I wish they'd give the captioners a shooting script or something. The closed captioning on Xena misspelled names all the time as well.

Speaking of which, Xena has prepared closed captioned, so why didn't Anchor Bay put it (or any subtitles) on the DVD?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Anchor Bay only distributes the DVDs for Xena, Hercules and Highlander, they don't put the sets together. I don't know why Panzer/Davis would leave them off.

Gord

William0

Agent
If the DVD has no captions/subtitles, then it would be considered downright ignorance, no matter how big or small the corporation is. Ok, I am not a business major or have a MBA degree, however I am sure that there's a way for the small companies to find one or two bigger companies to help to chip in for the cost of captions/subtitles. Another way is to earn the revenues thru the ads. I am sure there are other solutions, too.

Are there any guardian angels out there to help smaller dvd studios financially to include captions/subtitles for their DVDs?

I am looking forward to buy the recent version of Twilight Zone DVD box set which will be released on September 7th. It will have captions/subtitles, YEAH!!! Hope that the Image Entertainment get the attention about the importance of captions/subtitles as they will release the original/80's versions of the Twilight Zone series on DVD this coming December.

As I read thru this thread, I appreciate all of the supports for having captions/subtitles on DVD, many, many thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks