Captain Nemo and the Underwater City... which studio owns it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by soop.spoon, Jul 16, 2002.

1. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

I had forgotten about this movie until I accidently found it on the Internet Moview Database today.
    Does anyone know who owns this film? MGM is listed as the distributor, but that may have changed over the years. Was there ever a laserdisc or VHS version? If so, who released them?
    It would be great to see a widescreen DVD release, showing off all its Panavision glory.
    The Captain Nemo character is solely under-represented on DVD... both 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and Mysterious Island are still MIA from Disney and Columbia respectively.

2. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    I don't think that MI or CNatUC were Disney films.

3. soop.spoon

It seems you misread...

4. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    Disney's 20K Leagues was mentioned somewhere as being a two disc Disney Vault special edition currently in the works.

Personally, I can't wait! I'm also hoping for other Disney Vault SE's (the original Absent Minded Professor, In Search of the Castaways, Son of Flubber etc.)

Given some of the recent (The Great Race, In Like Flint, Our Man Flint, Better off Dead) and future releases (Strange Brew etc.), I am convinced that the studios are keeping a close eye on the forums and taking our suggestions seriously.

I'm a huge fan of MI and CNatUC, and would purchase them both!

Now that Mysterious Island has been brought up, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of announcement in the next year or so. The only thing that could hold up a release is poor quality source material (in which case it could end up similar to the fiasco similar to the DVD release of "The Final Countdown".

Cheers,
    Spence

5. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Captain Nemo and the Underwater City is owned by WB.

6. soop.spoon

Well now that Mysterious Island has been announceed (at long last), maybe the rest will follow soon. I find it difficult to believe, however, that Warner will bother with this title anytime soon.