What's new

Captain Marvel (2019) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Be that as it may, it is something the movie will need to address for sure.
No doubt! She just can't dropped in anywhere and save day without some kind of explanation as to her whereabouts.:) The same with Ant-Man, they have to explain how he got out of his predicament.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm sure that all of that is part of the plan. Marvel is pretty darned good at tying everything together.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
OK so let me throw this bit of sarcasm out there as well, for this movie they had to De-age Sam Jackson and Clark Gregg, so in the almost 20 years since the initial meeting she hasn't aged, the same is going to happen for Thor, couple of thousand years, still looking good, but the last ten or so that he comes to earth starts to show on him, guess it must be something with the ozone layer or something like that.

:P

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I'm sure that all of that is part of the plan. Marvel is pretty darned good at tying everything together.
except their TV and Cinematic Universe, the TV admits and even follows storytelling of what happen in the films, you would think that they could at least admit to what is happening on Shield or the Netflix series, even if it seemed a throwaway line .

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
OK so let me throw this bit of sarcasm out there as well, for this movie they had to De-age Sam Jackson and Clark Gregg, so in the almost 20 years since the initial meeting she hasn't aged, the same is going to happen for Thor, couple of thousand years, still looking good, but the last ten or so that he comes to earth starts to show on him, guess it must be something with the ozone layer or something like that.

:P

Well, he DID get his hair cut. And lost an eye.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
except their TV and Cinematic Universe, the TV admits and even follows storytelling of what happen in the films, you would think that they could at least admit to what is happening on Shield or the Netflix series, even if it seemed a throwaway line .
I imagine some of that has to do with the likelihood that most everyone who watches the TV shows has seen the films, but given the relatively low ratings of the TV shows, not everyone who sees the films is watching the TV shows.

So the connections work in one direction, but those who view the films only might not know what's going on if they start referencing things that happen on TV.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
We've gone over this before in several other threads, but basically, when the MCU was starting up, the film and television groups where part of one overall department. Since that time, there's been a corporate restructuring, and Kevin Feige and the film group are no longer involved with Ike Perlmutter and the TV group. (Perlmutter is frankly a nightmare. He's the one who was responsible for there being no Black Widow action figures because, in his view, girls don't like action figures and boys won't play with action figures of female characters. He also made racist comments about Don Cheadle taking over from Terrence Howard.)

The TV shows are now happy try to bank on the popularity of the films by putting in references to them, but there is absolutely zero incentive for Kevin Feige to accommodate the TV group in his planning for feature films. The whole reorganization was done specifically to get Feige away from Perlmutter.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I was only referring to the MECU. The TV stuff is another story.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After watching the trailer a few more times, some things I noticed:
  • I can't remember if that 5 Movies 5 Nights $9.99 was a real promotion, and if so, when in the nineties it was being offered. My area had pretty vibrant local video stores so Blockbuster didn't make inroads until nearly the DVD era.
  • When she's in the metro station in her Starforce spacesuit, there's a sign for the 7th Street/Metro Center station. So it looks like she crash lands in Los Angeles.
  • When she's walking down the concrete hallway, she's wearing a baseball cap with the old pre-Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. logo.
  • She's still in her Air Force jumpsuit when the blue light starts coming out of her hand.
  • After the shot of the big tent, there's three driver's seat shots of Carol in quick succession, first driving what appears to be a go-kart, then in the cockpit of a fighter jet, and then finally in the cockpit of some sort of craft in space. The first of the three shots is Mckenna Grace as young Carol.
  • The shot of Starforce flying in formation with their helmets on is very reminiscent of the way the Carol Danvers iteration of Captain Marvel is drawn when she has a helmet.
  • The little girl on the beach is not Mckenna Grace, so it appears that they're going to be flashing back to at least two different time periods in Carol's childhood.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I really liked the trailer. I'm not a huge fan of Carol Danvers run as Captain Marvel, but I love me some Ms. Marvel (I felt her character was more interesting as Ms. Marvel).

Happy to see Captain Atlas with his fin! I was also glad to see Ronan (well, his back...). I really liked his issues in the Annihilation series (actually the whole series was awesome). Going Binary at the end was icing on the cake.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought the trailer was very “meh”.

I’m sure the film will be great but that trailer didn’t impress me.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not really a follower of comics, so I don't know anything about this character, really. But I love Brie Larson (Room would have been my choice for Best Picture in its year), and I know I'm going to see basically any movie Marvel puts out at this point anyway, so it wasn't going to take much to get me excited. Unsurprisingly, the trailer did tat, and I'm really curious to see this in March.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought the trailer was very “meh”.

I’m sure the film will be great but that trailer didn’t impress me.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I will still see the movie of course and I’m looking forward to it even though it’s not a character I knew much about.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
It certainly looked a bit meh to me as well, and they really made it ridiculously over dramatic with that music, but it's Marvel so I'll be seeing it. I really hope it's not representative of how Brie Larson's acting is in the movie. She deserved that Oscar she got so I know she can act. Hopefully they're just saving the substance of the film for another trailer or just leaving it for the movie itself.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought the trailer made the movie look like a lot of fun. Love seeing Samuel Jackson - if he's really co-starring in this (like, a big role), they would have spent a lot of money on de-aging tech. Larson looks great, and really looks the part. Showed this to the kids and they cannot wait to see it.

There's a new captain in town?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Nothing in that trailer made me go “wow”. And a first trailer to such an important film should imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks