What's new

Captain Marvel (2019) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That’s just you. No one has implied they are happy that cds and 3D isn’t as available as it once was that I see in this topic.

It's not just Edwin. Mr. Quintana never seems to miss a chance to threadcrap about streaming vs. physical media. It gets old.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's not just Edwin. Mr. Quintana never seems to miss a chance to threadcrap about streaming vs. physical media. It gets old.
Among many others. And has been reprimanded by the Mods about it and continues to do so. Unfortunately I don’t think it will stop.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
You'd think there would be a CD, but perhaps not. Bumblebee's soundtrack was loaded with great '80s songs and probably could have sold well on CD as the Guardians CDs did -- but it was only released as a digital download, effectively turning it into a playlist. (I know that's not Marvel, and I know Captain Marvel is the '90s, not the '80s, but I think you see the point I'm trying to make.)

Bumblebee has a great musical score, and soundtrack. Both have not been released on CD. I imagine Intrada, or LaLa Land will get the rights someday and release a proper CD of both.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The early reactions are starting to trickle out. This is one where I'm going to just go to the theater and make my own impression. Too many of the commenters have agendas for or against the movie that have nothing to do with the movie itself.
A new TV spot directly connects this film with Iron Man, Captain America and Thor using clips from their origin films. Interesting approach.
I thought that ad was very effective at capitalizing on my affinity for the Phase 1 heroes.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Several of them mention the soundtrack, about which we have been teased. So when it is available? No listing for it on Amazon or anywhere I can find.

No soundtrack that I can find, but Amazon is selling a few MP3 downloads of music featured in the Captain Marvel trailers. At least two appear to be just different versions of the same song.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
No soundtrack that I can find, but Amazon is selling a few MP3 downloads of music featured in the Captain Marvel trailers. At least two appear to be just different versions of the same song.

I doubt it will be available on CD. One of the most popular films ever-Black Panther- didn't get one. Odd that it did get a vinyl release though. Maybe Captain Marvel will also.
Disney is gonna force me back into record collecting:thumbs-up-smiley:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I doubt it will be available on CD. One of the most popular films ever-Black Panther- didn't get one. Odd that it did get a vinyl release though. Maybe Captain Marvel will also.
Disney is gonna force me back into record collecting:thumbs-up-smiley:

Black Panther did have a CD soundtrack:
https://smile.amazon.com/Black-Pant...0&sr=1-2&keywords=black+panther+soundtrack+cd

The original score was not on CD, but vinyl:
https://smile.amazon.com/Black-Pant...P9FDY9DAAP8&psc=1&refRID=9VZ7MQ6CMP9FDY9DAAP8

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Those spots look good, but I'm at the point where I don't need to see another trailer for this one. It's less than two weeks out. I know I'm going to go. I don't need to be convinced. I'm ready for the movie to be here.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
At least in part due to the negative review bombing of Captain Marvel (and also, Star Wars Episode IX), Rotten Tomatoes has changed its policy on advance user reviews:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...jhF7gE1kIUbJQuTcJzwW-Wh-IbKG47x_wK4UiXZ5tMhNM

We are disabling the comment function prior to a movie’s release date. Unfortunately, we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling, which we believe is a disservice to our general readership. We have decided that turning off this feature for now is the best course of action. Don’t worry though, fans will still get to have their say: Once a movie is released, audiences can leave a user rating and comments as they always have.

The biggest question is: What took them so long?

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
At least in part due to the negative review bombing of Captain Marvel

I don't use or visit RT much, however I don't understand why so many people are getting this thing with Captain Marvel wrong. These were not reviews.

Apparently RT had a system where users could vote on whether they wanted to see a upcoming movie. In the case of Captain Marvel, because some people had taken offense to some comments made by Brie Larson, that score took a nosedive. People were simply voting that they were no longer interested in seeing the movie.

Probably the bigger problem was there was a comments section as well which I imagine got rather toxic.

That being said, I would think that things will get much worse for RT now, and maybe for the Captain Marvel movie as well. It seems to me they have now created a "Streisand effect" type situation.

-Keith

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I don't use or visit RT much, however I don't understand why so many people are getting this thing with Captain Marvel wrong. These were not reviews.

Apparently RT had a system where users could vote on whether they wanted to see a upcoming movie. In the case of Captain Marvel, because some people had taken offense to some comments made by Brie Larson, that score took a nosedive. People were simply voting that they were no longer interested in seeing the movie.

Probably the bigger problem was there was a comments section as well which I imagine got rather toxic.

That being said, I would think that things will get much worse for RT now, and maybe for the Captain Marvel movie as well. It seems to me they have now created a "Streisand effect" type situation.

-Keith
Streisand Effect??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks