What's new

Captain Horatio Hornblower BD release (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Released on BLURAY in Germany in English with English and German sub-titles. Sound excellent and picture quality very nice indeed. Huge improvement over DVD .
This is one of my Gregory Peck/Virginia Mayo favorites. German and French BD are coming up with many titles that are delayed here in the states. Thanks for the heads up on this film!!

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Released on BLURAY in Germany in English with English and German sub-titles. Sound excellent and picture quality very nice indeed. Huge improvement over DVD .
Thank you for this report.

Would you please also confirm the presence/absence of any copyright notices in this product?

Respected members have suggested in other threads here that this Pidax release may be a pirate copy. I’ve refrained from buying it on that advice.

Confirmation either way would be much appreciated.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
I am not certain about 'copyright notices ' as on the back of the BD case it is all in German . I would of course send you a picture of the rear for you to see but I do not know how to do that .
The 1080p disc is a correct pressed bluray and as previously stated the picture quality is really very good with a rich and very colorful palette. Much advanced over the DVD . Format is 1.33.1 DTS-HD MA 2.0 . As far as I am aware PIDAX who released it do not do pirate Blurays and are a highly regarded Company in Germany for releasing home video.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I am not certain about 'copyright notices ' as on the back of the BD case it is all in German . I would of course send you a picture of the rear for you to see but I do not know how to do that .
The 1080p disc is a correct pressed bluray and as previously stated the picture quality is really very good with a rich and very colorful palette. Much advanced over the DVD . Format is 1.33.1 DTS-HD MA 2.0 . As far as I am aware PIDAX who released it do not do pirate Blurays and are a highly regarded Company in Germany for releasing home video.
Thank you very much. You’ve been very helpful.

This film is a favourite of mine and my father-in-law. We’re also very partial to the Hornblower TV series.

I may have to take the plunge on this after all.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thank you for this report.

Would you please also confirm the presence/absence of any copyright notices in this product?

Respected members have suggested in other threads here that this Pidax release may be a pirate copy. I’ve refrained from buying it on that advice.

Confirmation either way would be much appreciated.
81Xx6iWpr0L._SL1400_.jpg

Pic taken from Amazon.de page. Amazon (15EUR + shipping though it appears backordered) and Rarewaves ($24USD shipped through their EBAY-USA store or $25 via Amazon.com Marketplace) are both selling

Commander Richardson -- can you check for Region Lock? Not many Pidax past releases have been reported on the usual site and the 10 or so I can find are all B locked

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
81Xx6iWpr0L._SL1400_.jpg

Pic taken from Amazon.de page. Amazon (15EUR + shipping though it appears backordered) and Rarewaves ($24USD shipped through their EBAY-USA store or $25 via Amazon.com Marketplace) are both selling

Commander Richardson -- can you check for Region Lock? Not many Pidax past releases have been reported on the usual site and the 10 or so I can find are all B locked
That back cover is similar to other Pidax Warner Bros controlled titles and is very curious. No WB logo or copyright notice and why do the credits say Hans Schaffer presents? I believe he is a Pidax producer. It suggests that WB does not hold the rights to the film in Germany. Is that correct?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
81Xx6iWpr0L._SL1400_.jpg

As much as I'd like to have this on blu ray, I'll wait for a possible release from the Warner Archives. The absence of any Warners copyright makes me suspicious. Unless the film has gone into public domain, why wouldn't Warners have the rights? They bought the novel, they made the film and released the film internationally.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
just a note, I saw a data reference on Bluray.com commenting that the AR was converted from 1:37:1 to this 1:33:1...?

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
A notorious pirate. There is NO HD master.

Man, you're ill. This isn't Spain, you know.”

Couldn’t resist a quote from A Man For All Seasons. Any pretext will do.

Well, that’s that then. Thank you for clearing up any doubts about this.

Any reason why WB doesn’t sue? After all this isn’t Spain, it’s Germany.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Man, you're ill. This isn't Spain, you know.”

Couldn’t resist a quote from A Man For All Seasons. Any pretext will do.

Well, that’s that then. Thank you for clearing up any doubts about this.

Any reason why WB doesn’t sue? After all this isn’t Spain, it’s Germany.
spanish time GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks