What's new

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
If you're into packaging at all, the Best Buy steelbook is quite nice.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had preordered from Amazon with a guaranteed delivery date of today's street today - today I got an email saying that it wouldn't ship out until Friday. Anyone else experiencing this from Amazon on this title?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had preordered from Amazon with a guaranteed delivery date of today's street today - today I got an email saying that it wouldn't ship out until Friday. Anyone else experiencing this from Amazon on this title?
Strange, I didn't order this 3-D title until August 25th once the price dropped to $20.69 and I received my order today.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Strange, I didn't order this 3-D title until August 25th once the price dropped to $20.69 and I received my order today.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Are you an Amazon Prime member? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Prime members get prioritized above the "peasants". :)

I am, which makes it even more surprising.

Anyhow, don't want to derail the entire thread, was just curious if it was an isolated incident or widespread shortage...seems to be the former.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

I haven't received such an email, and Amazon still says it's coming today, but it still hasn't shown up yet...

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

That stinks. I'd be really annoyed.

Maybe consider canceling the Amazon order and getting best buy to price match? That is if you can get to a BB store this week.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That stinks. I'd be really annoyed.

Maybe consider canceling the Amazon order and getting best buy to price match? That is if you can get to a BB store this week.

Getting to BB this week probably isn't an option, plus my local Best Buy has a...checkered...reputation for actually having things in stock.

I wrote to Amazon about the missed guarantee date. They wrote back without an explanation for what happened, but they overnighted me a copy and it should be here tomorrow. They also gave me a $10 credit. I was going to watch it tonight so that's a little disappointing but I'm satisfied with their effort to make up for it.

Go figure, my preorder of Metalstorm arrived.

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
Yep. 100% confirmed. The 3D version goes full screen for the airport, the 2D stays at scope.

Damn, what great movie this was! Arguably Marvel's best yet. The Russos really nailed it. I'm so glad they are doing the next two Avengers films.

The image quality looked great here. Now I hope Disney will start releasing titles on UHD BD so Marvel Studios can get their movies out on the format.

As excited as I am for the Russo brothers to do the next to Avengers movies, I'm equally excited that Alan Silvestri is returning to score them. His scores from the first Captain America movie and the the first Avengers movie are easily my favorite scores in the MCU.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I haven't received such an email, and Amazon still says it's coming today, but it still hasn't shown up yet...

Aaaand it never showed up. Tracking says it's coming today. Sadly this is becoming more and more common ever since Amazon switched to it's own delivery service instead of using USPS. :thumbsdown:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Aaaand it never showed up. Tracking says it's coming today. Sadly this is becoming more and more common ever since Amazon switched to it's own delivery service instead of using USPS. :thumbsdown:
I got mine from Target.com today ... a day after I received the "free" gift card :D :drum::dance:

For those who want to know the Target version is in a chipboard slipcase. Inside is as standard double bluray case with one disc on each side and a DMC movie code along with a sealed small booklet the has the Disney Movies Anywhere information it appears to be the same one as in Sean's post...

Last edited:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I bought this at Best Buy on Tuesday. The PQ is excellent, and it was great to watch the opened up airport scene again.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I bought this at Best Buy on Tuesday. The PQ is excellent, and it was great to watch the opened up airport scene again.

Yes, the image quality was great. I noticed even better detail in the airport scene, which was filmed with the new digital IMAX camera. It's cool that the entirety of the Russos' two Avengers films will be shot with it. Those should make amazing looking UHD Blu-rays!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Just bumping this thread because this seems like a more appropriate place to discuss this BD than the other weird thread.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
I really like Cap's shield flying around - great pop-out effect albeit brief. I recall a similar effect in The First Avenger as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really like Cap's shield flying around - great pop-out effect albeit brief. I recall a similar effect in The First Avenger as well.
Yes, in the first Captain America film, I remember ducking in my chair when the shield flew toward the camera. Very effective!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks