Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Captain America: Brave New World

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Julius Onah

Cast: Anthony Mackie, Tim Blake Nelson, Shira Haas, Danny Ramirez, Carl Lumbly, Harrison Ford

Release: 2025-02-14

Plot: A sequel to Marvel Studios' The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and follows Sam Wilson as the new Captain America.
Malcom Spellman and Dalan Musson are writing a fourth Captain America feature film. Spellman is the showrunner of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Musson was a writer on its staff.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wish I hadn't seen this thread until after watching the "Falcon & the Winter Soldier" finale.

I'm sorry that you feel spoiled and apologize for doing that to you. The news was all over all the major websites this afternoon so I really didn't think anything of it when posting this.

That being said, it is interesting that the trades broke the story less than a day after the finale aired. I'm sure this has been in the works for a while. News is news in Hollywood and covering it is why the trades exist, but it is too bad they couldn't have waited another few days and put this out at least sometime next week instead.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
There wasn't really any spoiler for the FWS finale in the specific article cited. The problem was that there were multiple articles on that page, and if one scrolled too far down, and caught the second article ("'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Finale's Moment of Revolution"), that's when you get spoiled.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anthony Mackie has closed his deal to star. This isn't a surprise -- considering where The Falcon and the Winter Soldier left off, they couldn't really do it without him -- but does seem to indicate that things are moving along for the film.

Interestingly, the article says Sebastian Stan isn't confirmed yet. I can't imagine why he wouldn't be there too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I haven't seen anything by Julius Onah so don't really have an opinion on him. Obviously, I wish him well. I'm sure I am going to see this and I hope it's great. I don't know what his pitch was that got him the job, so I can't make any judgements there.

But when I read this news, my first reaction was surprise that Marvel didn't go with Kari Skogland. She directed The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and did a great job with it. It seems like this project is pretty much a film sequel to that series. They have the same writers and everything. So it would have made sense to bring her back as well.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I never watched the FaWS show, never really caught my interest. This is the first time I am seeing Sam's uniform.

Yikes. What the heck is that?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen anything by Julius Onah so don't really have an opinion on him. Obviously, I wish him well. I'm sure I am going to see this and I hope it's great. I don't know what his pitch was that got him the job, so I can't make any judgements there.
The only thing I've seen by him is The Cloverfield Paradox. It's a bad movie, but not necessarily badly made. If this movie has a better script, I don't Onah will tank it with his direction.

But when I read this news, my first reaction was surprise that Marvel didn't go with Kari Skogland. She directed The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and did a great job with it. It seems like this project is pretty much a film sequel to that series. They have the same writers and everything. So it would have made sense to bring her back as well.
There was no way that the first movie about a black Captain America was going to have a white director. I do think Feige always tries to find the right director for each movie, but Marvel Studios isn't totally immune to optics.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Aside from Adam's point, I believe that Kari Skogland had said when F&WS was done that she wasn't interested in directing what was then a still-hypothetical second season. So she might not have wanted to do CA4 either.

As far as Julius Onah goes, I haven't seen any of his work, but from what I've heard, his third feature, Luce, is very highly regarded and was what got Marvel interested in him.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks