What's new

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to hear it. From everything I've read, Cap 2 is shaping up to be very interesting. Looking forward to it.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Some new character posters
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bobby Henderson

Stunt Coordinator
It's nice to see the Dolby Atmos logo on those new posters, even though it is microscopic in size. Hopefully the sound designers are putting together a proper Atmos mix rather than something that sounds hardly any different from conventional 5.1 or 7.1. That was a big complaint of mine with the Atmos mix in Thor: The Dark World.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First look at Emily VanCamp as Agent 13:
ca2-agent13.jpg

The hair and to a lesser extent the suit are very evocative of the agent's grandmother, Peggy Carter!

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
So how confident is Marvel with Captain America The Winter Soldier? So confident that Captain America is going toe to toe against Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and whatever DC can cram in their so called MOS2 movie opening weekend!!!!!!! Yup, Captain America 3 versus MOS 2!

Woo hoo!! Bring it on!!!!

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
TravisR said:
I guess Marvel has so much money that they now want to lose it.
Yeah, money it's going to take away from MOS2 No doubt MOS2 will win the opening weekend but how much of it will Cap 3 take from it? Warner Bros for sure isn't too happy and let's who blinks now? Betcha Warner will move it either up or back to a more comfortable and traditional DC release date of June or July.

Marvel already has the groundwork laid out for the Cap 3 story. Plus with Chris Evans stating he will retire from acting once his Marvel commitment is done, an intriguing storyline could be Cap's death. With DC or Warner Bros., the script isn't even finished yet according to Jeremy Irons.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Winter Soldier has been getting a great deal of VERY positive buzz from the press screenings and advanced screenings. I don't want to let my expectations get too high, but there have been many reactions saying its one of Marvel's best, many saying it is second only to The Avengers, and many saying it was the best Marvel movie to date. There really has not been early buzz this positive for a Marvel film outside of The Avengers. So, if this really is the solid, kick-ass, top-tier Marvel movie that the early buzz is suggesting (with the same directing and writting team on board for the third), Marvel may not be so foolish staying put and going up against MoS 2. If there is momentum built with Cap 2 in 2014 and Avengers 2 in 2015 which leads into Cap 3 in 2016, Cap is likely to be in a much stronger position than many think it would be today going up against a Superman sequel with a 3 years gap since the last film. Anyway, a lot can happen with film production in two years and either may decide to move. There was actually a rumor out there earlier today that WB may be moving up a week to late April. I think WB is waiting to see how well TWS performs at the box office, and if it is a solid performer (which the early buzz suggests is likely), then it's more likely to consider a move. I'm actively trying to avoid spoilers, so aside from checking out the press screening tweets which can give impressions about the quality of the film but can't get into plot details (per the NDA's), I'm staying clear of all of the clips, extended trailers, extended clips, 10 minutes of the film stuff. But here is some awesome concept art. Beautiful stuff, really.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Freddie Z said:
...but how much of it will Cap 3 take from it?
My guess is probably not much at all. Thanks to teaming up Superman and Batman, Warners could have the biggest piece of garbage of all time and it will still be huge. Marvel is apparently so determined to keep a release date that they'll cut their nose off just to spite their face like a stubborn child.

In the end, I think one of them will open up on Tuesday night at 8 PM/Wednesday and the other will open on Friday. Even if that happens, Marvel could have alot bigger piece of the pie if they push their date even a week or two.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/sources-warner-bros-claim-batman-vs-superman-will-back-marvels-2016-movie/
Brazilian website website Judão reveal that their sources at Warner Bros. Brazil have told them that the movie will open in the South American country on April 28th, 2016 (new films are released there on a Thursday), and while this branch of Warner Bros. tells them that they’re still waiting for 100% confirmation, word is that the US release date of Batman Vs. Superman has also been moved up to April 29th instead of May 6th.
Certainly not official info at this point, but the rumblings are out there about WB backing down.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
At 5 months, Scarlett doesn't seem to be showing... except for her boobs
image.jpg
image.jpg
Love the sign you can see over Scarlett's right shoulder!

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Tickets booked for next Weds, looking forward to it.

I would expect Batman/Superman to come out on top if they were to both open on the same day, If any avenger is going to sacrifice themselves then it would have to be Cap. I hope common sense prevails.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think it's pretty likely that one studio will eventually move. BOTH movies would take a hit opening against each other. Personally, my feeling is that Marvel was there first and WB are acting like bullies trying to muscle Marvel out of that spot. Cap doesn't like bullies, so I'm happy to see Marvel announcing that they are staying put. Let WB move it earlier or later. It's most likely that WB would win the weekend over Marvel, but WB still has more to lose by opening against a third installment of Captain America following Avengers 2. Look at this May. Don't you think Marvel would have liked the early May slot for The Winter Soldier? But Sony got there first with Spider-Man. Marvel has a decent relationship with Sony, so instead of trying to fight it out, they decided to experiment with an April release. But they got there first for May 2016. WB's move there was extremely douchey. I hope with Marvel not immediately folding and backing down that WB will reconsider and move elsewhere.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
But they got there first for May 2016. WB's move there was extremely douchey.
I agree but Superman/Batman has enough bad word of mouth already that another move of the release date will create even more. Granted, the bad word of mouth is really only amongst comic book fans who will jump to conclusions without seeing a frame of the movie (I'm including myself in that group) but it seems like anything relating to this movie gets criticized and another release date change will create more completely unfounded speculation that the movie is in trouble.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
If they move it now I think it will be forgotten by most except the hardcore fans I guess. I think a good trailer or two and Superman/Batman will have a huge opening irrespective of the quality of the film.

What is with all the changing release dates? Sony has brought Amazing Spider-Man 2 forward to the 18th April the UK. Not that I am complaining with Godzilla and X-Men DOFP in May.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks