What's new

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
New concept art
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Marvel announced the commencement of principal photography today.

A surprising a lot of news about the film was contained with in, along with a lot of casting confirmations. Happy to see that the screenwriters from the first film are back, because I thought that film was the best structured and probably best written of the Marvel films to date.

Official confirmation that Scarlett Johansson, Cobie Smulders and Hayley Atwell are all returning for this, along with official confirmation that Robert Redford has joined the cast. Maybe the Marvel comics fans know who Alexander Pierce is; I'm gonna have to look into it for my own curiosity. Emily VanCamp's character is enigmatically listed as Agent 13, wihch is probably only going to increase speculation as to whether she's Sharon Carter or not.

Aside from the return of gifted editor Jeffrey Ford, the production team is entirely new. The only thing I've seen that Trent Opaloch shot was District 9, and it's hard to judge a DP on that film alone. Likewise, Peter Wenham's mostly worked as an art director. None of his production designer credits point to a big budget epic. On the other hand, I've enjoyed Mary Jo Markey's work on J.J. Abrams's pictures and Judianna Makovsky is a phenomenal costume designer.

The plot description sounds like it's going to be a Captain America/Black Widow team up movie.

Full press release from Marvel:
Following in the footsteps of the record-breaking Marvel Studios’ release, “Marvel’s The Avengers,” production on the highly anticipated release, Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” has commenced in Los Angeles, Calif., with production also including locations in Cleveland, Ohio, and Washington D.C. Directing the film is the team of Anthony and Joe Russo (“Welcome to Collinwood”) from a screenplay written by Christopher Markus (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The First Avenger”). Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America, along with Scarlett Johansson (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 2”) as Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 2”) as Nick Fury. In addition, film icon Robert Redford has joined the all-star cast as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is set for release in the U.S. on April 4, 2014.

“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941, Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” features an outstanding supporting cast that includes Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Black Swan”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“The Hurt Locker,” “Million Dollar Baby”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Cobie Smulders (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “How I Met Your Mother”) as Agent Maria Hill, Frank Grillo (“Zero Dark Thirty”) as Brock Rumlow and Georges St-Pierre (“Death Warrior”) as Georges Batroc. Rounding out the talented cast are Hayley Atwell (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Peggy Carter, Toby Jones (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “The Hunger Games”) as Arnim Zola, Emily VanCamp (“The Ring 2,” “Revenge”) as Agent 13 and Maximiliano Hernández (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Thor”) as Agent Jasper Sitwell.

Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing the film. Executive producers on the project include Alan Fine, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee. The creative production team on the film includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (“Elysium,” “District 9”), production designer Peter Wenham (“21 Jump Street,” “Fast Five”), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. and Mary Jo Markey, A.C.E. (“Star Wars: Episode 7,” “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”) and three time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“The Hunger Games,” “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”).

Marvel Studios’ upcoming release schedule includes “Iron Man 3” on May 3, 2013, and “Thor: The Dark World” on November 8, 2013. The studio most recently produced the critically acclaimed “Marvel’s The Avengers,” which set the all-time, domestic 3-day weekend box office record at $207.4 million. The film, which shattered both domestic and international box office records, is Disney’s highest-grossing global and domestic release of all time and marks the studio’s fifth film to gross more than $1 billion worldwide.

In the summer of 2011, Marvel successfully launched two new franchises with “Thor,” starring Chris Hemsworth, and “Captain America: The First Avenger,” starring Chris Evans. Both films opened #1 at the box office and have grossed over $800 million worldwide combined. In 2010 “Iron Man 2,” starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury took the #1 spot in its first weekend with a domestic box office gross of $128.1 million.

In the summer of 2008, Marvel produced the summer blockbuster movies “Iron Man” and “The Incredible Hulk.” “Iron Man,” in which Robert Downey Jr. originally dons the Super Hero’s powerful armor and stars alongside co-stars Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges, Shaun Toub and Gwyneth Paltrow, was released May 2, 2008, and was an immediate box office success. Garnering the number one position for two weeks in a row, the film brought in over $100 million in its opening weekend. On June 13, 2008, Marvel released “The Incredible Hulk,” marking its second number one opener of that summer.

Attachments

• hr_Captain_America%3A_The_Winter_Soldier_21.jpg
    hr_Captain_America%3A_The_Winter_Soldier_21.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 47

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for sharing. I could take or leave the uniform, but I really hope they go with that helmet with the exposed ears. The helmet was the worst part of the Avengers costume.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks to a combination of elements of the traditional Cap suit with elements of this suit he wore when working as an agent of SHIELD (not using the Captain America title)
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks cool. They're definitely pulling from the "super soldier/shield agent" suit design pictured above.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
More cool concept art!
image.jpg
More set photos. Looks like Cap and Natasha aren't too pleased with Agent Sitwell.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 59

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
From Entertainment Weekley:
At the end of the 2011′s Captain America: The First Avenger, supersoldier Steve Rogers woke up to find he was a man out of time. Now he finds he’s also a man without a place. “So Cap does stay with S.H.I.E.L.D. because he has nowhere else to go,” Feige says. “But he’s not necessarily comfortable there. As you might imagine, somebody who’s spent 70 years in ice, frozen, wakes up and has to fight a bunch of aliens with a bunch of weirdos—he is trying to figure out what his life is.”
But all is not well between noble Cap and his S.H.I.E.L.D colleagues. “With the greatest generation in World War II, there’s a tendency to reflect on that period and say. ‘Things were black and white back then, and now it’s hard to know who the bad guys are,’” Feige says. “We wanted to play on that a little with Cap being uncomfortable with the way S.H.I.E.L.D., and in particular Nick Fury, operates.”
Careful, the full article has a spoiler about the identity of the Winter Soldier
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/02/iron-man-3-marvel-phase-two/3/
Can anyone tell me how to use the quote tags, italics, bold, etc...? I don't seem to have those options on my iPad.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
Can anyone tell me how to use the quote tags, italics, bold, etc...? I don't seem to have those options on my iPad.
Most of the vBulletin codes still work if you're in text mode. Click the little light switch to switch in and out of text mode:
Code:
[quote]Use these tags to quote[/quote][url=http://www.example.com]Use these tags to link[/url][b]Bold[/b][i]Italic[/i][u]Underline[/u][spoiler]Spoilers![/spoiler]

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I don't see anything like that. This is all I have:
image.jpg
So I should be seeing a light switch icon?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So, they've been filming the scene depicted in the concept art at the top of this page. Here are a few photos I've gathered. Winter Soldier looks pretty badass.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 56

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, those pictures answer the bionic arm question. I love that so much of it is real costume, with the tracking dots seemingly to create a CG merge at the elbow between the top and bottom halves. I also like that, after The Avengers filmed an hour long epic battle through the streets of New York City in a warehouse in New Mexico, some of the Captain America: The Winter Soldier fights are actually being filmed on location.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Another really cool piece of concept art.
image.jpg
Ok, that looks really freaking cool! Hope something similar to that winds up on screen. Here are a few more set photos as well.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 46

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Wasn't sure if this should go here or in an Iron Man Three blu-ray thread, but I think it works better here. The new "Marvel One Shot" to be featured on the Iron Man Three blu-ray will be "Agent Carter"!
image.jpg
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/11/marvel-one-shot-agent-carter-first-look/
"It’s a year since Cap plunged into the ocean,” says Marvel Studios co-president Louis D’Esposito. “And in our mind, we said there’s a few SSR offices. If you want to relate it to now, it’s like the OSS, the precursor to the CIA. The SSR is the precursor to S.H.I.E.L.D. There’s some satellite offices in New York and right now their primary concern is getting Zodiac.”"Zodiac in the books has been many many different things. We just want you to know it’s deadly, it’s important, bad guys are guarding it, and it’s imperative she gets it.”
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks