What's new

Cap'n Crunch (1 Viewer)

bill lopez

Second Unit
Anybody else love Cap'n Crunch cereal?

I notice though that most of the time a box will taste like opened box sitting for days taste. But when it's good it's better than pizza! Anybody know why Cap'n Crunch doesn't always taste good when you buy it? I've noticed this since the 1970's.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Humidity? I imagine if the cereal is exposed to humid warm air, the crispiness of Cap'n Crunch cerial would be lost and it will become mushy and yucky. I tend to transfer my cereal to tupperware containers that are more sealable than rolling up the paper in cereal box it came in. Then I'll just keep the boxes long enough to do the puzzles and read the jokes :laugh:
Not to fancy on Captain Crunch, Peanut Butter even though I usually like all things peanut butter, especially ice cream
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jay

bill lopez

Second Unit
Yeah, but I get that mushy, yucky taste as soon as open the box. Sometimes I just wait for the 1st new box cover because then I know it's a new batch of stock.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I think Cap'n Crunch should be renamed "Bleeding Mouth Barrels" or something along those lines.. Cap'n Crunch is a great way to create a jungle of skin stalagtites along the roof of your mouth.

Don't ever use Listerine after a nice hefty bowl of the stuff, either. Ouch..

Joseph

Michael*K

Screenwriter
My Cap'n Crunch never sits in the box long enough to get yucky or mushy. :D I'm partial to the Crunchberry variety and the Oops...All Berries type. Just finished my last box of the Christmas Crunch last week. About the only Cap'n Crunch cereal I don't like is the Peanut Butter variety and several stores here have stopped selling it anyhow.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Right after opening the box? Perhaps maybe you need to find a new source of Cap'n Crunch, like a different store or something that has a high turnaround. My only other solution is perhaps to buy those small portable sized boxes but that wont really help you if it's becoming mushy right out of the box. Perhaps contact Quaker Oats and complain, the worst thing that could happen is you get a coupon in the mail.
oldcapcr.gif

Jay

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I haven't eaten the sugar cereals for many years, but this thread has brought back many fond memories.
As a child, I loved this cereal and its peanut butter version as well! I also remember (annoyingly) the infamous CAP'N CRUNCH mouth. :)

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Curse you americans and your umpteen varieties of Cap'n Crunch!!

We only get the original - which I love. However I *love* Crunch Berries even more.

Drool....

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm fond of the penut butter crunch, though I haven't eaten it in years :)
I always let my CC sit in milk for a long time so it's soft and I don't tear up my mouth

E

Eric Kahn

I am eating crunchberries right out of the box as I sit here and read the forum (I don't have any milk)

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Mmmmmmmm Cap'n Crunch is my all time favorite, I can consume the entire box in a single sitting
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

My favorite is the original, followed by the peanut butter and crunch berry varieties.
Now I gotta go hunt down those old commercials with sea dog, the guppy and the good cap'n.
~Kurt

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I think Cap'n Crunch should be renamed "Bleeding Mouth Barrels" or something along those lines...
Joseph - thanks for the laugh of the day! :laugh: I was laughing so hard at your comment that my wife asked what I was doing.
BTW, we both agree that, while very yummy, the good ol' Captain needs to do something to make his cereal a little easier on the palate.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think that was one of the selling points stays crunchy even in milk. i used to eat the peanut butter balls like popcorn when i was a kid.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I don't know if you guys know this, but, statistically, crunchitizing is the safest form of transportation.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I like Cap’n Crunch. However, I always feel a bit unhealthy eating it. :frowning:
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.