What's new

Cape Fear and Blood Simple - any reviews yet ? (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
It seems that reviews for some of the 9/18 releases (American Werewolf in London, Halloween II) have started showing up along with some reviews for a 9/25 release (French Connection). I was wondering if anyone has managed to get their hands on the Cape Fear (I would like to hear about both versions, although I am partial towards the 1962 version) or Blood Simple DVDs from Universal ? These are two of my most anticipated releases for the remainder of this year.
[Edited last by Deepak Shenoy on August 28, 2001 at 06:27 PM]

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
WHOA! "The Making of Cape Fear" is two hours long?!?
For a Scorsese whore like me, I am now in a complete state of nirvana. :)
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The extras sound plentifull and the picture and sound, sound incredible. I can't wait!
------------------

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I have been looking forward to both Cape Fear releases since they were announced. If the first one is done as well as this I will be able to die a happy man. Now if Best But would just do a discount if you buy both at the same time...

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
!!!! kuddos to Jeff!! superb.
wink.gif

Jeff McNeal

Auditioning
David, thank you.
All, my apologies for getting the timing wrong on the documentary. I watched it in segments and misinterpreted the numbers on my timer. Sorry for the goof.
Deepak, a picture says a thousands words, so...
cape_fear_62.jpg

I haven't watched the entire DVD yet, but indications are very positive that this is a terrific quality B&W transfer.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Jeff or Cliff,
I just read over at DVD Angle that the 1991 Cape Fear is a 2-disc set! Is that true? Because if so, wouldn't that make it the first 2-disc Collector's Edition from Universal?
[Edit--never mind. Your review stated it was a 2-disc set. Missed that the first time I read it. :)]
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on August 31, 2001 at 10:36 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks