What's new

Capcom's Shinji Mikami criticizes Sony and Square (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Capcom's Shinji Mikami criticizes Sony and Square
I'm a bit hesitant to post this (I don't feel like starting a war today), but I thought this would be of interest.
The radio DJ tried to interrupt Mikami and shift the conversation to another topic, but when Mikami was asked if he thought Sony's customers are foolish, he replied, "Yes."
I'm not very interested in what he has to say about Sony, but I'm very interested in what relevance this may have towards his future titles and what platform(s) they may appear on...
-Dave

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
He's right that Sony takes a "see if it breaks" attitude. Both PS2 and PS1 have BOTH had nearly identical drive problems.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Magic-box had a more complete account of the interview. At the end he appologized to Square, at least. He said he was kinda bitter that Kingdom Hearts sold so many more copies than Biohazard 0.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Interesting quote from Magic-box's summary:
Other than PlayStation, he mentioned the current PC systems, walkman and Docomo cellphones are also easy to break, he said manufacturers purposely make the systems easier to break, so that customers would have to purchase a new one every one or two years.
Guess what, I have to purchase a new PC every two years anyway, otherwise I can't play any new games......try running GTA3 on a PII 400 and see what I mean. On second thought, don't, spare yourselves the pain.
Also, he wasn't talking about Biohazard 0 (which isn't out yet), just the first GC Biohazard game. Given that it was a remake (albeit a very well-done and substantially altered one) of a game that first came out in 1996, is he really that surprised? I guess I shouldn't be criticizing, I understand bitterness better than anyone else here.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it's not even the first version of Resident Evil, it's at least the fourth or fifth. I'd expect a highly original and creative game to sell better than a remake of a game that has already been remade multiple times.

Mikami might not like it, but I don't think he decided to make RE on GameCube because of the good of his heart; we know money was involved. It's ALL business.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks