Capcom Vs. SNK2 Am I cheating?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Feb 22, 2003.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

WHenever I play this game I use EO instead of AC. I have never known how to do a special move so the EO works good for me[​IMG]
    but.....
    am I cheating when I play online? On this IGN Board everyone says they hate EO, and no noe likes it.

My record online is 28 and 54 or so...... Ive had a lot of little shits DC on me.

Am I considered cheating? I always play on console mode where you can pick either EO or AC.. so technically im not cheating but.....
    sorry for the ramblings[​IMG]

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I wouldn't call it cheating since people can tell when you're using EO. When they set up the game, they can choose whether or not people using EO can join or not.

I would say that EO requires NO skill though. [​IMG]

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Yes EO is cheating....cheating yourself out of the game experience.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

EO is for wimps and communists [​IMG]

Read the manual, use the training mode

5. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

well, most people are angry at the EO people because it A) requires no skill whatsoever and B) can be considered cheap in that you are automatically blocking everything, and theres no such thing as "charging" your charge moves.

Also, you can pull off some of the most rediculous moves with impecable timing. So, you must understand that playing against people who use EO can be quite frustrating to those who are trying to play "legitimately".

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

When setting up an online game, can you set parameters so that a game has EO enabled or disabled?

-Dave

7. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

Its not cheating. If people don't like it they can set up servers that don't allow it. Thats what I do. I've yet to play a game against someone that uses it because I don't start servers that allow it. I would agree with Kelly, you're cheating yourself out of the game experience. There's nothing quite like hitting that super at the just the right moment and getting a victory.

8. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

If it's in the game, then it's not cheating. However, I would practice and learn the moves it's a much different game. The bottom line you paid for the game so play how you want...

9. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

IMHO, EO is in there for the casual gaming types who most likely aren't going to go through the trouble of learning the moves and game dynamic to be a really good player. As a 2D fighter fan, particularly the SNK line, I don't see it as cheating, but I wouldn't want to play against too many EO players, not just because it takes away the game's balance, but also because I assume it throws the timing off as well. Then again, most fighting games have some aspect to theam that can allow players to fight in a cheap manner, and I'll just say this: the great players will find away to overcome those cheap tactics.

10. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I've read a lot about this game, and it sounds like it could be interesting online. I'm an old school Street Fighter 2 fan though, and thought that the game reached its peak at Chamion Edition (possibly Super SF2, but that's about it). It'd be great to be able to recreate the experience of playing in the arcade against different opponents, but I haven't been a big fan of the alpha series etc. Is this game worth it?