Capcom reveals 5 exclusive Gamcube titles!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven_V, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

From IGN Cube:

2. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

hey im totally down for RE4. Leon's back which is cool but honestly i want Barry to tackle his own game.

3. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Ouch, did you guys check out those screenshots of Res Evil 4? Leon's got a sweet Squall vibe going on there. The shot of him in the rain looked really freakin' awesome...

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

That's why I said "sweet" Squall vibe instead of, say, "morally reprehensible and should be crushed under the boots of zombies" Squall vibe [​IMG]
    Hopefully that bodes well for some of Res Evil 2's characters to show up at some point.
    Leon is tied with Jill Valentine (Nemesis edition, I really can't stand that beret) as my favorite playable Res Evil main character.
    The thought of this game taking place 'deep within the Umbrella corporation' is beyond awesome. It makes sense too, now that Umbrella has a competitor they can pretty much be wiped out and the series STILL has a main baddy (doubly so since you-know-who works for them now).

6. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

IGN has updated with some short videos (currently Insider only) and some screenshots (open to everyone) of these games. And I must say they all look very impressive. [​IMG]
    Resdient Evil 4 (no release date) - Wow! Fan favorite Leon Kennedy returns! [​IMG] All those nice looking pre-rendered scenes from RE remake and RE0 are now fully realized in 3D. Stunning!
    Resident Evil 4 image [​IMG]
    Viewtiful Joe (Spring 2003) - First we get Contra on PS2 from Konami, now Capcom dips back into old-school side scrolling madness. This game must be seen in motion to appreciate the beauty of the graphics.
    Viewtiful Joe image
    Dead Phoenix (Summer 2003) - This game looks similar to Panzer Dragoon for Xbox. Except unlike the "on-rails" gameplay of PD, Dead Phoenix appears to be a "free roaming" shooter where you can go anywhere.
    Killer 7 (Winter 2003) - Watching the video of this game I got a Cowboy Bebop vibe. [​IMG] Like the CB anime, the animation of Killer 7 oozes with style and the short peek of the insane violence looked nice as well! [​IMG]
    P.N.03 (Spring 2003) - From the mind of Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, this game appears to be a futuristic Devil May Cry!
    P.N.03 image [​IMG]
    These games, plus Sega's F-Zero, Namco's Starfox Armada, Nintendo's Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. are making 2003 seem like it's going to be a great year for Gamecube owners! [​IMG]

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Word and rumor going around that Resident Evil 4 may include some for of First Person view/mode ala Metal Gear solid. (Hopefully they will allow you to move in FP). Again just some minor rumors that are stirring the videogaming pot.

8. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Killer 7 looks like great fun to me. Cel Shaded blood and violence. It sounds kind of like Eternal Darkness in the way that there are multiple personalities that the main character will live through.

I can only hope that all of these games hit us within the next year or so. Looks like a great Gamecube year to me as well.

Glen

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Aren't there supposed to be even more GameCube games coming out from Capcom besides these? Like the MegaMan Battle Network based one?

Even so, this is pretty freakin' amazing for Nintendo.

10. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

are you guys sure res evil 4 is for gcube?

11. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Yes Biohazard 4 is for the GameCube. It is part of the exclusive deal that Capcom and Nintendo signed last year which included Biohazard 0, the Biohazard remakes, and Biohazard 4.

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Romier S

Romier S Producer