What's new

Capcom reveals 5 exclusive Gamcube titles! (1 Viewer)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
From IGN Cube:
Earlier today at a press conference in Japan, Capcom Entertainment unveiled five brand new and totally exclusive GameCube titles. The games, which range from the long awaited Resident Evil 4 to a spectacularly dark, cool original game by Shinji Mikami called Product Number 03 (or P.N.03), all look amazing. We'll have more detailed information on these games soon, but in the meantime here are the basics.
source: Cube IGN
Capcom Japan
Click the above links for more information. All these games sound extremely interesting. This is great news for Gamecube owners. Nice job Capcom! :D

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
hey im totally down for RE4. Leon's back which is cool but honestly i want Barry to tackle his own game.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Ouch, did you guys check out those screenshots of Res Evil 4? Leon's got a sweet Squall vibe going on there. The shot of him in the rain looked really freakin' awesome...

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
That's why I said "sweet" Squall vibe instead of, say, "morally reprehensible and should be crushed under the boots of zombies" Squall vibe :D
Hopefully that bodes well for some of Res Evil 2's characters to show up at some point.
Leon is tied with Jill Valentine (Nemesis edition, I really can't stand that beret) as my favorite playable Res Evil main character.
The thought of this game taking place 'deep within the Umbrella corporation' is beyond awesome. It makes sense too, now that Umbrella has a competitor they can pretty much be wiped out and the series STILL has a main baddy (doubly so since you-know-who works for them now).

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Link Removed has updated with some short videos (currently Insider only) and some screenshots (open to everyone) of these games. And I must say they all look very impressive. :D
Resdient Evil 4 (no release date) - Wow! Fan favorite Leon Kennedy returns! :) All those nice looking pre-rendered scenes from RE remake and RE0 are now fully realized in 3D. Stunning!
Resident Evil 4 image :eek:
Viewtiful Joe (Spring 2003) - First we get Contra on PS2 from Konami, now Capcom dips back into old-school side scrolling madness. This game must be seen in motion to appreciate the beauty of the graphics.
Viewtiful Joe image
Dead Phoenix (Summer 2003) - This game looks similar to Panzer Dragoon for Xbox. Except unlike the "on-rails" gameplay of PD, Dead Phoenix appears to be a "free roaming" shooter where you can go anywhere.
Killer 7 (Winter 2003) - Watching the video of this game I got a Cowboy Bebop vibe. :) Like the CB anime, the animation of Killer 7 oozes with style and the short peek of the insane violence looked nice as well! :D
P.N.03 (Spring 2003) - From the mind of Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami, this game appears to be a futuristic Devil May Cry!
P.N.03 image :eek:
These games, plus Sega's F-Zero, Namco's Starfox Armada, Nintendo's Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. are making 2003 seem like it's going to be a great year for Gamecube owners! :D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Word and rumor going around that Resident Evil 4 may include some for of First Person view/mode ala Metal Gear solid. (Hopefully they will allow you to move in FP). Again just some minor rumors that are stirring the videogaming pot.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Killer 7 looks like great fun to me. Cel Shaded blood and violence. It sounds kind of like Eternal Darkness in the way that there are multiple personalities that the main character will live through.

I can only hope that all of these games hit us within the next year or so. Looks like a great Gamecube year to me as well.

Glen

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Aren't there supposed to be even more GameCube games coming out from Capcom besides these? Like the MegaMan Battle Network based one?

Even so, this is pretty freakin' amazing for Nintendo.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yes Biohazard 4 is for the GameCube. It is part of the exclusive deal that Capcom and Nintendo signed last year which included Biohazard 0, the Biohazard remakes, and Biohazard 4.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The announced titles are certainly an interesting bunch to say the least, but their GC exclusivity may not be a sure thing. Mikami stated that of the five, only RE4 will be exclusive to Nintendo's machine, with the fate of the other four still up in the air. All dates are tentative -- and relate to Japanese releases, only. More as it comes.
Can;t comment as to the validity of that statement but thought it was interesting none the less. Resident Evil 4 of course is going no where.
While I mention RE$, did anyone else download the movie posted above? The game looks astonishingly beautiful and you can see that there is indeed a first person view in the game. I can;t wait for the game! (I just bought Zero) I have to say that Capcom just knows how to harness the power out of all of these systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks