What's new

Canucks! Starchoice or Expressview? (1 Viewer)

Peter Scott

Auditioning
I'm interested in getting a satellite system and would like to get some input over your general likes/dislikes of the two systems. I plan on getting the HDTV reciever and would like to know which system offers better programming in HDTV and normal broadcast. I'd also like to know if there is one system better than the other when comparing video/audio quality.
Thanx

In my research as it pertains to your question( and not being in Canada you may have some things available I don't know about) the Expressvue system is quite simple, you'll need their receiver plus the 6000 or equivalent for HD, the usa dishnetwork 6000 at present gives you showtime(1) and hbo(1) and one payperview.
On the other hand, the Star Choice use the GI(now Motorola) 201 sidecar to the 4dtv receiver(I have the HD200 and 4dtv), this is compatible with the Star Choice Navajo receiver(401 I believe) for high def from usa stations in Detroit and they as yu may know recently switched to a newer dedicated satellite with stronger outputs. From what I've heard the resolutions on both Canadian small dish offer better than usa because of less compression used on the digital. C-band as I understand it, is not big in Canada, but I use it here In Mich with much satisfaction and the 4dtv combo here gives me 4high def premium channels along with 5.1 ac surround and the 4dtv delivers over 500 channels including radio, analog, digital, and wild feeds. Check out your Ottawa newsgroup for more info.

Peter_A

Second Unit
I've kind of been in the same boat, and have settled on ExpressVu using a 6000 model reciever. The main reason is the all in one solution that 6000 offers, a standard reciever and HD box all in one. I don't like the idea of having two recievers to get HD with Star Choice. Also, I haven't read to many good things about the new eliptical dishes that Star Choice is using. They are very hard to aim and attain a good signal with.
------------------
Peter
"My a** may be dumb, but I ain't no dumb a**" - Ordell Robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks