What's new

Canton Speakers (1 Viewer)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I auditioned these at the Sony showroom in Manhattan because it was the only place I could find them. In fairness the setup was much less than ideal with the surrounds having to hang from the ceiling, but I left being unimpressed. They sounded ok but nothing special and not, I thought, worth the price. They look great though and are very narrow for towers. Again the showroom was terrible so I can't say I got its best shot but then it was the only place within 60 miles that carried them. My biggest complaint was the way everything sounded muffled and mixed together.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
IMHO, the Canton Ergo line are better sounding speakers than the Karats. Having auditioned both a couple of years ago, I chose the Ergos for our 5.1 setup. The Karats are fine-sounding speakers, the Ergos are better (again, IMHO).

BTW, and this goes both for the Ergos and the Karats, anything less than an amp that can drive a 4 ohm load will not make the Cantons sound their best. While this is true of many high-quality speakers, it is almost a necessity with the Cantons. They are not an easy load to drive.

Michael

Canton Ergo 92DC (mains, rears)

Canton Ergo CM51 (center)

Anthony June

Agent
Michael.
Thanks for you input. I have the Karat M70's front , CM7 Center,M30 Rears and M10 for Side fill.
I am running a Lexicon MC12B and The LX7 amp.
The thing that I am very pleased with is that they are very detailed and clean but they do not stand out! You do not get ear fatigue and they seem to go away!
So I am very anxious to get some Ergos ordered up!
PM me and let me know what you find in you Ergo's.
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks