Canton Speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rahul Malik, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Rahul Malik

Hi
    My local hifi shop has a brand of speakers called Canton. I have heard the speakers and they sound good to my ears. Has anyone else had any experience with the speakers before, positive or negative.
    I know the speakers are German, thus it is hard to find reviews for them in English, so any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Rahul

2. Khoa Tran

Yes i have heard them, they are good but bright and really forward....in my opinion i don't like them but whatever tickles your funny bone man....just keep listening

3. skip marr

Check AudioKing in Minneapolis. They carry them and could probably tell you more.

4. Michael Mohrmann

Rahul,

Which models within the Canton line are you looking at? The Movie packages? The Karats? The Ergos? In general, Canton speakers sound thin when driven by the typical mid-fi receiver. Give them some decent power from a separate amplifier and they can really be enjoyable to listen to. Most of the Canton line are 4 ohm loads and not the easiest to drive, although the smaller speakers are less of a problem than the floorstanders.

Michael

Canton Ergo 92DC (mains and surrounds)
    Canton Ergo CM51 (center)

5. Rahul Malik

Hi Michael

I was interested in their movie packages, in particular the 10MXII. I was also interested in your view on the LE series.

Rahul