Canton Speakers, Any Good?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bill Will, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

A friend has a chance to pick up some Canton Tower Speakers really cheap but he doesn't know the model numbers & etc. All he knows that they are all black & maybe about 4 feet high. Your Thoughts? Thanks.

2. JayF

JayF Stunt Coordinator

Bill-
    Are they new/used? If they're towers then they are likely to be either the Ergo or Carat line, and if they're "cheap" then most likely the Ergos.

I have a set of Ergo bookshelves that replaced a set of Paradigm Studio 20s. The Cantons sound far better to my ears and seem much more detailed. Plus, they're nicely crafted. I replaced them with B&W 7NTs for my primary listening, but loved the Cantons so much I couldn't get myself to sell them and now have them in my den.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I don't know much about them & I can't tell by the price because this is a friend of a friend type deal where they said if you want them give me a $100 for them otherwise my audio shop is taking them after the upgrade. Myself I told him to grab them, but most of the people involved in this have more money than they need so it's not a money thing it's the quality of the speakers that's involved & maybe the size? I'm glad for any info I can get on these speakers
    & I will see if I can get the model numbers but I doubt I will so any help would be great.

4. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

Wow, I had to look twice to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I thought I had posted about canton speakers in my sleep. Either that or I have a really short memory. Ever see the movie Memento? haha
    Anyway I finally realized this post was from Bill_Will and not Bill_Wil

All I can add is that I've heard Canton speakers are pretty good. Sorry I'm not of more help.