What's new

Can't wait for the Razzies!!!! (1 Viewer)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
That would be dificult considering he was nominated for an Oscar for his role in House of Sand & Fog - technically released 12/26/03. Not only that, but early word is that while Suspect Zero has fallen well short of expectations, Ben Kingsley's performance is brilliant and perhaps the only saving grace for this film. I have not seen it myself, but this is certainly what the majority of professional critics have so far said.

I think just about anyone could toss in about a hundred or more names for actors more worthy of a Razzy than Kingsley. Even his role in Thunderbirds pails incomparison to some truly dreadful acting jobs this year.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Is Baby Geniuses 2 not being mentioned because giving it Razzies would be too redundant? :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

He's a front-runner to get a nomination for a movie that came out last year? And for which he ALREADY got a nomination (and lost to Sean Penn)?

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Ooops... brain fart. :b

I corrected the post, but still holds merrit as it's 12/26/03 release would still qualify for possible Razzie nomination because to qualify a film must play for a 7-day, regular admission engagement within the calendar year - so says John Wilson (Head RAZZberry).

Regardless, I think the point being, suggesting that Ben Kingsley deserves a Razzie for all his work in 2004, and not just the kid movie Thunderbirds is rather extreme and far reaching.

Larry Vance

Auditioning
I've seen over 80 movies this year. The worst?

* * OUT OF 5
• Barbershop 2: Back In Business
• Bad Apple
• Catch That Kid
• Garfield
• Goodbye Girl, The
• Thunderbirds
• Walking Tall
• Welcome to Mooseport
• Without A Paddle

* ½
• Alien vs. Predator
• Envy
• Fahrenheit 9/11
• Godsend
• Home on the Range
• Suspect Zero
• Van Helsing

• Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
• Johnson Family Vacation
• Never Die Alone
• New York Minute
• Van Helsing: The London Assignment

ZERO
• Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London
• Catwoman
• Roomies
• Sleepover

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I think these movies would be the frontrunners:

Alien vs. Predator
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid
Catwoman
Exorcist: The Beginning
Garfield: The Movie
New York Minute
Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2

With Catwoman being the ahead-of-the-pack frontrunner. All of these give the Razzies something more than "it's a bad movie" to talk about:

Catwoman has an Academy Award winner putting on an embarrassing show. (Halle Berry is virtually a lock for the Worst Actress award.)

Alien vs. Predator and Exorcist: The Beginning both trash popular franchises to the point where all three may be dead in the water due to the awfulness of these two sequels.

Garfield will probably be there for being such a lame adaptation of a popular character.

New York Minute will probably be nominated for a number of awards due to the crass marketing of Olsen Twins. ( A Worst On-screen Couple is assured.)

And I expect Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid and Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 get some nods for being bad sequels that no one wanted because their predecessors were also pretty bad. (Kind of a "Why Were These Sequels Even Made?" thread, so "Worst Sequel" nods for both are in the bag.)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think the Razzies prefers flicks with big names it can knock. That leaves out movies like Anacondas - which actually got some decent reviews - or Baby Geniuses 2 and makes Catwoman a shoo-in. Garfield and Van Helsing seem likely as well...

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Christopher Walken and Alec Baldwin have both been nominated for Oscars and Razzies in the same year. I don't htink the Razzie board has a problem with that.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I think it's safe to assume that Catwoman is gonna take home the worst movie award. People in general seem to think Halle Barry is overrated so a worst actress award for her is almost certain. The rest of the awards..? Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks