What's new

Can't wait for "Run, Jenny, Run - The Jennifer Wilbanks Story" (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
:rolleyes

Looks like our favorite runaway bride has inked a movie deal now for her life story. I can't say I have much sympathy left for her now.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member

"Now"? I never did have sympathy for her.

The movie will likely be a plasticized, synthesized version of what really happened, with an Oprahesque portrayal of her as a "victim".

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Maybe the movie will be called "Jenny Does Vegas", since that title probably most accurately reflects what really happenned.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
f* her and her ignorant boyfriend for not kicking her to the curb. if i were him, her sh!t would've been packed before her plane landed.

kevin t

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
How did anyone think she was going to pay the costs of the search for her, after her "kidnapping ordeal?"

If she did not have enough class to say something before the wedding such as, "Honey, maybe we should postpone, I'm not so sure," then she deserves to pay for the costs of the search. Lots of taxpayer dollars went into that search, money that could have been spent on far better things than an airhead with second thoughts about her wedding.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Great...how many copycat-type situations are now going to pop up? A plethora of attention hungry losers have been given incentive to act out their desperate fear-fantasies...they can now cash in!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sources confirmed to NBC's Conan O'Brien that there will be an exhaustive nationwide search for the lead role.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I found out not long ago that Jennifer is from my home town and I went to school with her older brother. That makes me feel proud (except not).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
She'd be crazy (and I use the term loosely) NOT to do something like this...It does suck that the studios are the ones who will be paying her 'legal fees' :frowning: - She'll learn absolutely NOTHING from it and I fault the studio that produces this story. :thumbsdown:

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, a TV movie, at best.

I heard that if people in jail make money from their offence they don't get to keep it. If she is on parole, wouldn't the same hold true?

But it is the copycats that we have to worry about. Let's say that you were ready to get married but wanted some money. With both of you having no criminal records, you could plan out something, and have one of you vanish for a week, and then escape and make a bundle from some stupid TV producer.

I'm taking bets that this will happen before the end of this year.

Glenn

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
If the money was good, I'd try that with my wife....except she'd probably never report me missing. ;)

Mort

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

If she had any class she would have paid the entire amount spent on looking for her instead of the relatively paltry amount she bargained it down to. She or her family must have some money based on the rather lavish wedding described in the press.

Boo hoo, so she lost her job... like she isn't gonna make millions off of her 'ordeal' in books, interviews and a TV movie.

I bet the Gwinnett County prosecutor is wishing he'd stipulated, as part of her plea deal, that she couldn't sell the rights to her story.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

So idiot will try it probably, but I don't see this type of stunt working a second time

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone remember the boy who cried wolf?

Next time will be the son of a very rich family, and he's not getting his share. When it is discovered to be a hoax, the press runs with that and makes a fool out of him.

3rd time - a real kidnapping - victim gets killed.
That's the part I don't like.

Oh, and under the bus is a great idea!

Glenn

PS - I just heard that 40 out of 50 states have laws preventing making money off of this, and guess what?

Georgia is NOT one of them! LMAO

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I say that the role of Jennifer will be played by either Jami Gertz or Sherri Stoner.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Look up that picture of Sherri Stoner posing alongside a cardboard cut-out of "The Little Mermaid"...The resemblance between her and Jennifer Wilbanks is amazing.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes

Maybe he's not so dumb. With all the money she is going to make, I'd marry her, then try and scam some money out of the divorce. Much more difficult for men to do, but possible. Or he could just drain the bank accounts and send the money to the Caymans! :D

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I find it pretty upsetting that some chickadee who skips out in Georgia becomes a national center of attention, whereas little kids legitimately dissappear and don't become the focus of news media reports ad-nauseum and CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC nightly programming.

We had a girl in KC discovered 3 years ago decapitated.. (4 year old) it took them years to find the guilty party/parents/who she even was.. locally, "Precious Doe" was a story.. didn't see a lot of national play.

A few years ago, a girl in a small town in KS was abducted by a deranged boyfriend and held hostage for five days.. and then killed. (they both died). I also don't remember that being the subject of tons of nightly report shows.

There is something sick about all the attention being paid to this yuppie b***h. I'm sorry, but it's not that interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks