What's new

Can’t Upload iphone Video (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I took a time lapse and tried to upload it to my media and it says the format can’t be transcoded. Surely the forum can handle iphone videos?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I tried it again and same results, HTF doesn’t support the format. Tried a different video and same results. So I guess no iphone videos on HTF?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmmmm.

It was a ,mov file (an iPhone movie). But when I uploaded it to the HTF, it got converted into an .mp4 file (standard video extension).

I could not figure out a way to embed it into a post. But, as you can see above, it made a link out of where it's hosted on the forum and is clickable.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's video of Ernie in a freak May snowstorm.

It's just six seconds (still a large file by image standards) but doesn't even play properly. It was 11mb when it was created as a .mov file.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll point @Dave Upton to this thread, Johnny.

I tried it this way (uploading the file via my laptop) because I am not very proficient with using the forum via my phone.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
That's too big to upload here. We allow a maximum video size of 25mb, so you'd need to upload to YouTube/Vimeo and then post the link here to embed into your post.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That's too big to upload here. We allow a maximum video size of 25mb, so you'd need to upload to YouTube/Vimeo and then post the link here to embed into your post.
So the HTF is following in the time honored tradition of making error messages ambiguous. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks