What's new

Pre-Order Can't Stop The Music (1980) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81cHOa1SsYL._SL1500_.jpg 81GTrmS8OPL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Stop-Mu...693529011&rnid=2693522011&s=movies-tv&sr=1-97

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I've never seen it. Is it bad enough to buy?

Did you live through the disco era? If so, it might be bad enough for you. The musical numbers are actually pretty fun if you like The Village People. The YMCA number is nicely done and features some male frontal if that matters to you - in a 1980 movie that was rated PG. The Milkshake number is another standout. Do the milkshake, the milkshake. Valerie Perrine doesn't really dance, but swivels her hips nicely.

The story part - if you can call it story - features some very hammy acting was directed by Nancy Walker - Rhoda's mother on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda. Just bizarre in every way. (The musical numbers were directed by others.)

The film might have done better except that it was released the day after disco died. Literally.

Every now and then I am in the mood for it, but these days I skip to the musical numbers.

Probably bad enough to buy, but can you rent it somewhere first?

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Did you live through the disco era? If so, it might be bad enough for you. The musical numbers are actually pretty fun if you like The Village People. The YMCA number is nicely done and features some male frontal if that matters to you - in a 1980 movie that was rated PG. The Milkshake number is another standout. Do the milkshake, the milkshake. Valerie Perrine doesn't really dance, but swivels her hips nicely.

The story part - if you can call it story - features some very hammy acting was directed by Nancy Walker - Rhoda's mother on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda. Just bizarre in every way. (The musical numbers were directed by others.)

The film might have done better except that it was released the day after disco died. Literally.

Every now and then I am in the mood for it, but these days I skip to the musical numbers.

Probably bad enough to buy, but can you rent it somewhere first?
Thanks, it sounds entertaining enough to buy. I was a teenager during the disco era, and still love the music. Actually, I'm surprised I've never owned the soundtrack.

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
I remember showing up at the Ziegfeld theater in Manhattan on opening night, expecting a crowd, and finding myself with only a handful of people in the cavernous theater. Literally only about 50 people scattered around the seats. The film just landed like a brick, but I thought it was a hoot. Tempted by this new 4K release!

I remember stories that when this production was filming on the streets of Manhattan, another film, "Cruising," was having some scenes shot a few blocks away. Protesters were following "Cruising" around the City and yelling/shouting to make the sound recording problematic, but they picked the wrong film that day, and finally Ms. Walker got on a megaphone and shouted, "Hey, we're the good guys!!!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nalandaretreat
Recent bookmarks