What's new

can't seem to get my Toshiba 57hx93 reciever to recieve any hdtv channels... (1 Viewer)

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I have an indoor amp. antenna and it won't really recieve any channels. it shows some of them in the grid but just won't have a pic. if it does show a pic it looks like a choppy, frozen DVD. it just says signal strength is low. when I checked the signal strength it says signal unlocked. and the peak is 0. how can I fix this? am I forgetting something? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Chris,

How far are you from the transmitters, and what is the construction of your house?

Indoor antennas don't work well more than maybe 20 miles or so from the transmitters or if there are obstructions like hills or large buildings between you and the transmitters. Also if your home has brick walls or metal siding or roofing the indoor antenna won't work well.

You may need a roof antenna, possibly with a rotator.

A rule of thumb is that if you get good analog reception your digital reception should be ok, barring excessive bouncing of the digital signal from nearby large buildings or power lines.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I would say I'm prob. around 25 miles or less(I guess) from the transmitters(someone near me might now better,I'm in Ecorse,MI). my house has vinyl siding and normal roofing. my problem with getting a roof antenna is my roof is really steep and I would have a really hard time installing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks