Can't resolve picture problems on my Mitsu 55". Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AlexanderS, Nov 10, 2003.

1. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Ive been trying to calibrate the picture using DVE and Sound and Vision. Throughout all the tests I still have this picture distortion. Its definately a background snow with jaggies around all objects. I have it on all of my inputs and don't know whats causing it. Anyone have an idea of what it might be or is my tv on the fritz?

2. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

Make sure you have a progressive scan player. You shouldn't have any snow in the picture unless you possible have cable problems. Also use a good set of component cables (three cables).

Your sharpness should stay in the middle, contrast below middle etc.

Those are the quick and easy steps to get started to a great picture.

3. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Actually Im using a Samsung 931 hooked up by DVI so I don't think that is the problem. I am getting this crap on all of my inputs (cable, dvd, replaytv). I haven't had time to screw with it yet today so Ill post my results later. I really dont' know what to do and Im hoping the tv isn't defective.

4. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

I just got done watching a few shows and Ive noticed that Im getting this outlining around objects and also it seems to be some sort of vertical lines. Its really weird.

5. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Well I decided to switch out DVD players to see if I could see a difference. I got my moms Panasonic S35 and hooked it up via component and 480p. Im still getting this grainy picture. There were a couple of screens in the movie I was watching where there was nothing but a black background with white lettering. I noticed everytime new words came up they all had lines going through them. Happened with some colors too. Anyone know what this is?

6. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Anyone?

7. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    sorry for your problem...

perhaps you could post a pic?

Regards

Gregg