What's new

Can't order Onkyo SKB-100 anymore???? (back surround speaker) (1 Viewer)

DavidQc

Stunt Coordinator
what's going on with Onkyo's website?
is the back surround speaker discontinued?
model SKB-100.

i have 15 pts. in my Onkyo profile that i'd like
to use. but the back surround speaker is not listed under the speakers that you can order.

does anyone know what's going on?
not too long ago, a few of you ordered this 6th speaker.
did i miss out?
:frowning:

-david

DavidQc

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, i'm sorry... i feel foolish for posting that question without calling Onkyo first.
:D

In case anyone is interested... that back surround speaker is currently out of stock.

They expect additional shipments in mid march.
So i guess i'll check the website then.

:)

-david

DavidQc

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, especially when I can get it cheaper than $40 with my current 15pts. with Onkyo.

Now I have to go build another speaker stand.
:D

-david

Jacqueline C

Agent
When they do get back in stock, does anybody know what kind of shipping charge would be involved? Do they add tax to NY? I'd like to know how much the total price would be before I make a decision as to whether I'm going with a 6.1 HTIB with a dvd player I don't need, or go with a separate 6.1 reciever add the sks-ht500 and this back speaker, or go for a 5.1 system. I'm trying to see if I can build a nice 6.1 system without a rediculous jump in price from a 5.1. So far the diff is about $300 and I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to me. Thanks

GregoryW

Auditioning
I ordered my SKS-HT500's from Onkyo's webiste (with 10 points for registering) and being I was a "member" I got the speakers for $255 versus $299. With my 10 points the total price was $245. Shipping came to $0 plus $0 for taxes! Free shipping for an 81 lb, brand new package, sent right to my door. :)

Basically, I wouldn't worry too much about the shipping cost. I would assume shipping on the rear speaker will be free as well.

GregoryW

Auditioning
By the way, I was also confused upon discovering that the rear speaker was no longer available. An "out of stock" notice at the web site would have been nice. Although, for the deals Onkyo's throwing out, I'm not complaining! Thanks for calling and setting things straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks