Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam Posten submitted a new blog post

Can't Hardly Wait - 20 year Reunion Edition - Bluray Review
SET_JENNA_ELFMAN_CANT_HARDLY_WAIT.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This one is right in my wheelhouse, having been released when I was college. I remember seeing it both in the theater and for free on campus movie nights. It is a time capsule of that time and what a nostalgia trip.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking at the 10th anniversary BD and the extras look to be the same, or at minimum very similar. I wonder if this is a new A/V transfer. Love this movie, but don't want to buy it if it's not an A/V improvement or has a bunch of new extras. Seems like the latter isn't the case, so I'll need to search interweb reviews to see if the A/V transfer is better than the 10th anniversary BD.

In fact the new disc seems to be missing "Special K's 411 Track, Yo!" (that's a fragrance of love scented candle!)

Just found the review at another site saying the video encode appears to be the same/similar, and that although this has a DTS track, they found it varied little from the 2008 TrueHD track. They did note it was missing a couple of extras from the 10-year anniversary BD. This title deserves better, for those of us who love it. I doubt there are "casual" buyers of CHW, those of us who buy it are big fans, so give the Chester Cheetah! Super Deluxe Version! Rowrrr!

Last edited:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
No worries at all. Actually if you still have the review disc, can you tell me if during the end scene where William tries to join Mike at the diner and Mike pushes him away, and then there are the two screen freezes with text that tells what happens to William (programmer/millionaire) and Mike (dropped out), is there visible gate weave when the letters are displayed? That would likely indicate the same video master vs going back and doing a new scan with more stable current telecine machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks