What's new

can't get tv to work with speakers (1 Viewer)

gil*c

Auditioning
Hi
Somehow, and I have no idea how I did it, I got the dvd player and the vcr working with my RCA Home Theatre System (500 watts). Now I can't get the my RCA tv to broadcast thru my receiver so I can use the speakers.

I have the s-video cable hooked up. There are also two audio out (red and white) and a yellow video in cable. The vcr plays the tv shows in stereo, just not the tv.

There is no help on the RCA site and no troubleshooting steps in the book that came with it. I'm at a total loss. any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Actually, I really am pissed off with RCA for not having any customer support. It's not enough just to colour code things. They should be prepared for people like me who can handle things up to a point and then need advice from there.

Alan Dahl

Auditioning
Gil,

I am not sure what inputs your receiver has but as long as you connect the red/white audio out on your TV to your receiver's red/white TV audio in, you should be able to get audio for the TV through your HT speakers.

Please provide more information on inputs and outputs if this doesn't help.

gil*c

Auditioning
;)
Alan, I haven't the slightest logical information to get these suckers working but working they are. After spending all day hooking up and buying cables and sweating and cursing and....well, you get my drift....I threw away the book and started pushing buttons. Now the vcr is playing my CSI tapes in stereo and the tv is working and the subwoofer is really irritating but that's for another day. I'll be able to play my Marc Anthony cds and hope I don't bring the neighbours to the door. I think I'll wait til the weekend to try to puzzle out the volume controls.
It's a good thing I'm a level one dsl tech. If I learned anything doing this for a living it's what appears to be one thing is usually another.
Thanks for your reply. I may be back about the volume controls. hahaha:laugh:

gil*c

Auditioning
Wayne, thanks to you as well. I was referring to getting the RCA tv to work with the stereo speakers. I realized that what I did was find a setting for the tv and turned off the tv speakers. Then there was nothing but silence. When I restarted the tv the stereo speakers were working and so was the vcr. Process of elimination fueled by total frustration seems to have worked.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks