What's new

Can't get sound from wireless connection on TV while hooked to home theater (1 Viewer)

Yetizod

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Just bought a Panasonic TC-P55ST50 and it is internet/wireless capable. When i use this function though I get no sound, which makes sense since all the sound is running through my receiver. Is there a way to get sound out of the TV to run back into the amp?
Secondly, i have a wireless receiver also. I can't seem to get it to connect to my wireless network. I can't even get it to show me a list of available networks. It's a Sony STR - DN1030.
Lastly, assuming I can get the receiver to connect to the wireless network, how do I go about then streaming my Itunes from my computer through it?
Thanks a lot for any help you can offer!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
On our Panny 42"...the "apps" are only on the internal speakers of the TV(there is no mention of this in the manual either. I tried EVERYTHING...ARC, tos-link, you name it...the only sound is from the internal speakers...good thing we didn't buy the set to listen to Pandora)
Is the 1030 Wifi?
If not...go to Amazon and search WNCE2001/3001 (whatever brand of router you are using...they probably make the same thing. We have a Netgear WNDR4500...so we bought Netgear wifi adapters)
Also, if you need "more" hard connections than the 1 you get via your wifi adapter, connect the wifi adapter to one of these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Netgear-Fast-Ethernet-Switch-FS605-AS-IS-/350588860985?pt=COMP_EN_Hubs&hash=item51a0b97a39 (just an example as this is the first one that comes up)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have a Panny with APPS.
The APPS in our TV do NOT exit the TV for sound.
Good thing the only app I care about is Pandora...and I use my Ipad for that anyway.
The TV is DLNA as well, but when Pandora and FB videos would not produce sound out of the TV...I never bothered with the DLNA.

Yetizod

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Well, how do I turn the TV sound on then, if I want to watch a you tube video for instance? I've never turned them off, the sound has always just come out of the home theater speakers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can't get the TV to produce sound???
Make sure the speakers are "on" and the volume is turned up.
The rare time we use Pandora on the TV(it is connected to a Boston Acoustics sound bar...the one room in the house not setup with a full-blown HT experience) we have to go back into set-up, turn the speakers on...then turn the volume up. Takes all of 10 seconds.

Yetizod

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Alright, i'm not at home now, but i'll try again when I get there. When I was playing with it this morning, I couldn't even find the setting to turn the speakers on. I'll take another look tonight. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks