What's new

Can't get my washing machine balanced...WTF? (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
About a year ago, I let a family friend use my washing machine while theirs was being repaired. Well, in order to keep from doing several loads, she grossly overloaded it. Ever since, the machine has been knocked off balance. I'm not talking about the distribution of the clothing inside. I'm talking about the whole machine shifting. Several times I've adjusted the little "feet" on the bottom of the machine. I've used a straight level to get the thing as close to level as possible. Nothing works. Everytime I go down to retrieve a load of clothes, the thing has shifted several inches. Not only do I have to move the thing back, but it makes a helluva lot of noise and I'm sure is straining the motor. What do I need to do to get this level? It sits on a smooth concrete floor which means it slides easily, but it was fine on that same surface for years before the machine was overloaded. Any tips?
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Just try to contact the maker of your machine. I'm sure they can give you some suggestions. It maybe that it's something more complex that will have to be professionally serviced. Lets hope not though, that gets expensive.
Best of luck though!
------------------
God bless!
jeffrey noel
My DVD Collection

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sounds like the tub is off center or crooked somehow, resulting in an uneven spin cycle. You could try getting some rubber feet things which would stop it moving, but it sounds like the balance of the tub is off.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks