Can't get JVC HR-S9911U VCR to work with Hughes Direct TV receiver...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Rich Tysinger, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Rich Tysinger

Hi everyone. I purchased the JVC HR-S9911U VCR recently, but when I tried to program it, the only two codes that were listed in the instruction manual for DBS receivers were for Sony and RCA brands. I called RCA tech support and after a confusing conversation, the lady finally told me that there was no code for my Hughes receiver. Is there anyone here with this VCR/satellite receiver cobmination that has been able to program the satellite channels properly? Does anyone know of any other VCRs that easily accepts satellite channels from a Hughes receiver in case the SS9911 won't? Thanks!

2. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

hughs has that issue, I've tried using universal remotes on them and can't get tehm to work with their programd codes. There is a reason teh hughs receivers are going away they didn't comunicate with any companies well, what most of my customers do is set teh receiver to the channel the want (or use the receiver to set the vcr not sure if that one can do that) set the vcr and go

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

If your JVC has S-Video in and out, then your best bet is to simply run the Hughes box through the vcr on L-1 (line 1) and forget it. The only time you'll use the vcr is for recording and/or playback of movies and if you are like me, that's seldom. You can of course do the same if you only have composite in and out. Set the Hughes Remote to the JVC and you can playback, record, ff and rw with the Hughes universal remote. The cheapest universal remote I find that works everything on both the vcr and satellite box is the Home Theater 8 all in one remote. I use it the bedroom and it works all the menus with out a glich.