can't get DTS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tan_U, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

I have a H/K 110 with an RP56 player, it does dolby digital but no DTS. I've read the manual for the RP56 and set everything to output DTS and the receiver says that I should just be able to pick what surround mode I want.
    BTW I'm using Saving Private Ryan to test this out, anybody know whats going on?

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

When you say the player "doesn't do DTS", what exactly do you mean? That it doesn't have a built in decoder, or that it won't pass the signal?

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    1st question: is the SPR disc you have the DTS version? If not, you will not get DTS, as the DD disc has no DTS track.
    On the DVD player (sounds like you already have this done) you must enable the digital bitstream, but some players have a DTS OR DD setting. Make sure it is set to DTS.
    What connection are you using between the DVD and receiver? Must use one of the digital outs, as the analog ones will not pass the DTS signal.
    Set the receiver to DTS mode first. DSP modes should work, but if you select DD, you will either hear nothing or something that sounds wrong.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

You may have to on the disc select the DTS track or it will automatically default to DD 2.0.
    ------------------
    ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
    DISMEMBERMENT...
    MY HT PIXS