Can't get analog stick to work w/ MK:DA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Jason, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

I have no idea what's wrong, but I can't get the analog sticks to control the characters in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. The sticks work in other games but not this one. The control pad works the characters but not the sticks. What am I doing wrong?

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I'm pretty sure it's d-pad only, although it has been a while since I've played MK: DA

-Dave

3. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I was shocked to discover this myself when I rented the game for my Xbox. Tried the options screen, found nothing. As far as I know, MK: DA was built for ALL platforms with NO analog stick use. Amazingly enough I don't remember reading about this defect in any of the reviews I read for the game. In this day and age I can't believe a developer wouldn't give users the option to choose such a basic function - but they did.

4. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

It's not a defect. MK has so many tapping moves that using the analog stick would be next to impossible.

Sean

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

You can't really play a real fighting game on an analog stick. Take it from an old fighting game afficianado. I managed SF2 on my Wireless Logitech PC dual-stick pad, but that was with the analog sticks set to digital mode. You need a good joystick that centers, or a d-pad in a clinch. very few fighting games have been designed that use analog sticks for control. And MKDA style moves ->, -> etc can't really be executed accurately with a stick that doesn't auto center.