Can't find an RP82? Crutchfield: NEW Panasonic DVD-CP72S for $159.99 after rebate!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Jan 17, 2003.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I just placed my order for a CP72 at Crutchfield (Authorized Dealer) and I got a great deal. I was planning to get the RP82 but as most others have found out they are impossible to find. I have to get the CP72 as I'm sure many others do as well.

Anyway, I found out a way to get it for $159.99 after the $30 rebate + shipping (which was $10.99 for me). It requires you to be a new customer to Crutchfield. There are several steps you have to go through and I'm not cirtain if Forum rules will allow me to post this information, so please email me or post a reply with your email if you are looking into getting a CP72 and I will provide you with the steps I did to get the special price. However please ONLY email me if you are serious about buying one as I don't want thousands of emails in my inbox.

This offer expires on 2/28/03.

Thanks

2. Camm

Camm Extra

Let me know as I am also going to purchase this as soon as I get my tax return.

3. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
    I am interested too. Sent you a PM.

4. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    A little FYI. As of right now they only have the silver model in stock.

Chris S.

5. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Yah, the silver one is on special right now. $20 off of the regular price. Makes this deal even better.

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Some more interest here. Sent you a PM, thanks!!

7. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
    Ordered on Sat. and received mine today. $170.98 which includes shipping and after rebate. Thanks for the heads up Jeff. Do not see the grounding problem. Oddly next to the serial number there is no manufacture date on the back. This is a steal compared to what the 82s are going for on Ebay.

8. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Looks like Jeff is a night bird like me [​IMG], haven't heard from him yet. Scott, can you share the tactic with a fellow michigander [​IMG]?
    [email protected] or PM me
    Thanks!

9. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Just replied to you Dave. If Scott already got back to you, please disregard the message.

10. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Thanks Jeff! I am not normally this hasty-sounding, but I worked 16 hours of O.T. last week, and I am determined to use some of it on something that is not a bill. I have been using my PS2 as a DVD player, but it was an early model, and some of the tray mechanisms are starting to worry me (tray gets stuck, grinds, etc). Trying to keep the DVD player wear off it at least. Thanks!! I will probably be ordering in the A.M. when I get my Direct Deposit.
    Dave

11. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I ordered this morning, I received the confirmation order from crutchfield, indeed with the discounts applied. A little searching found that fatwallet has a thread going on this deal, they have a code that is permanent for first time buyers. I used yours, though. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on this!!

12. BrentJ

BrentJ Second Unit

I sent an email to you, but never got a response. Could someone tell me how to get the player at that price? Thanks

13. Serv Goyal

Serv Goyal Auditioning

Jeff, I'm interested too. Just sent you an email.

Thanks,
    Serv

14. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Hey guys, I sent both of you PM's, I forwarded Jeff's message. You can only do 2 referrals a month though, so Jeff's may not work any more. So I included the referral code that I got today; you may want to try that one instead, just to be safe. It ends up being 189.99 + shipping (10.99 for me, total $200.98), -$30 mail in rebate.

15. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Well I just tried to order the player and was not allowed to stack the 2 necessary coupons. I got a call from a CSR who said that they would not let me stack them and that I could only use one or the other. I tried explaining that others had been allowed to stack them but was told that it was done in error. O'well. I went ahead and canceled the order since I was only interested at the $159.99 price. Better luck next time.

Chris S.

16. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I have contacted crutchfield as they request to see if they will allow me to exceed my 2 per month limit but I have not heard back from them yet so you may want to use Dave's or Scott's code. Contact them if you need it as I'm sure they won't mind helping out.

17. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Chris, were you indeed a first time orderer and did you use a Mastercard? I was obeying both conditions to a tee. Did you try to do a web order, and have the CSR call you up out of the blue? Just curious.

18. Joe6pack99

Joe6pack99 Second Unit

well i just ordered so i will see if both go through...if not i will cancel it.

19. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I did use the Mastercard deal (with a mastercard card) and I am a first time orderer. About 5-10 minutes after I placed the order online I got a call from the CSR who told me that I could not use the referral offer and the Mastercard offer at the same time. She was pretty adamant about it even after I explained that others were able too. I told her I didn't want to order if I couldn't use both of the coupons so she said I could cancel. So I did. No big loss but it would have been a great deal if it had gone through.

Chris S.

20. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    Just got done reading some of the posts over at fatwallet.com (thread here) and it looks like the deal is probably dead as of sometime this afternoon.
    Chris S.