What's new

can't find an Anthem MCA-2 ! (1 Viewer)

Chriss M

Second Unit
I've been trying to find one of these off-and-on for the past 6 months or so. It seems i always JUST miss them when they pop up for sale. I've already got an MCA-3, and just want to finish off my 5.1 setup. I also can't find any local dealers where i can pick one up...it's starting to drive me crazy! So i guess what i am asking is..does anyone have any leads or ideas as to where i can find one? New or used, doesn't matter.

I would even be ok with a different model of 2 channel amp, but there doesnt seem to be anything with the same power and as inexpensive as the anthem. Of course, i also like that it would match with what i already have.

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Chriss, I have the MCA3 too. I'm using an old Soundcraftsmen 2 channel for now. But I've been looking around for a used MCA2 as well. I agree, they are not easy to find.

Darren_Falco

Auditioning
I just got off the phone with my dealer. /they have two in stock, one demo and one new. They would ship it to you if interested. PM me if you want their name/number.

Darren

Chriss M

Second Unit
Darren - Thanks for the info, hopefully i'll be able to get one of them!

Claude - looks like you're right around the corner from me. I used to live in River Edge as well, which is even closer.

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
Chriss, I'm by Liberty Subaru (close to Charlie Browns). My wife and 5 year old son are members of the Y in your town.

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
I have one for sale. I picked up a Proceed. My MCA-2 is only about 6 months old. I bought it to make my system 7.1. I bought the Proceed for the fronts, but the MCA-2 was used only for the rears. It works great. If you would like to deal send me a PM.

You can see a picture of it in my link below. It is the lower of the 2 amps.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Brian, how do you like the Proceed and for the money you paid do you feel it's like night and day between that and the Anthem? I ask because I have an MCA-5 and whereas it suits my needs, I'm always looking for feedback.

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
I got it for about $1200 more than the Anthem. It did list for $3250 at one point, but I paid much much less than that.

I do enjoy it. I think it is a cleaner and faster amp. The bass is also very very tight. I listened to The Haunting in DTS 6.1 and the sound from the front two speakers was unbelievable. The slams when the ghost banged on the doors of the bedroom where so good.

As for how much better than the Anthem is it: It is certainly not worth $2,500 more than the MCA2 which is the difference in the list prices. But it is better. I like to listen to very loud music, and it certainly has the power to do it with my studio 100's without any straining at all. When I was running them off the MCA5 (because of wire lenghts the MCA2 was used for the rears not my mains) in stereo I could hear it straining when pushed really loud. With the proceed the speakers start to break up on the big bass hits before the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks