What's new

Can't disable multi-zone on AVR-3300...Help please?! (1 Viewer)

Hello,

The multi indicator is off. Its set to "MULTI-SOURCE SOURCE." Yet I watch/listen to any source and I can hear it coming from the my second zone. For now my temp. solution is engage a source that's not connected (MD/Tape).

Is my temp. solution bad for the receiver?
I'm stumped. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rico

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Two ways to blank the Multi-Out:

1. Select a source with nothing connected.
2. Turn the Multi-volume all the way down, if you have the multi-out set to variable. For this to work, I'm pretty sure you have to be in Multi, not Source, but I can't remember.

That's it. I have a Pronto, and my "System Off" macro puts the multi-output to VCR2 (my unused input). That way, when I power the system back up, I don't get accidentally blasted in the Study.

And, you won't do any harm to the receiver by doing what you're doing.

Todd

Todd,

I lived a little far. Sand Pointe condos in the Dr. Phillips area.

Anyway, I have one more question. The same multi-zone "problem" has popped up in a 2802. I'm thinking that if the multi-out is connected it will always send a signal regardless if I've selected the same source as the main zone, or an independent source i.e multi-zone "on."

In order to have no sound in the second zone just do what we've discussed already, or shut off the amp powering the second zone, right?

I guess the question is, the second zone playing whatever the main zone is playing is normal, and both receivers are fine?

Regards,
Rico

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks