What's new

Cant decide Which remote to go with... (1 Viewer)

Ali_

Grip
Sony RM-AV3100

Logitech Xbox 360 Harmony Remote

i can not decide which Remote to go with guyz. I have whatever most people have in their homes...TV,Tivo,DVD player,Surround sound,xbox 360,VCR, i dont know which remote to go wiht....Please HELP!!!

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I have a Harmony 659, and although I use it nearly exclusively to control my lowly system (receiver, dvd, cd changer, hdtv tuner, computer), the direction pad is not ideal. I would have preferred a joystick. I also find myself scrolling through long list of functions to find obscure, but useful functions-- the 659 doesn't have enough hard buttons for all the functions. There are other remotes in the product lineup that have the joystick, more buttons besides, but I can't afford to upgrade to the 880.

The XBox 360 Harmony appears to be a slightly modified version of he 520, hwich has even fewer buttons than the 659.

I don't have a DVR (my god... the horror, the horror), but I'm led to understand that TIVOs have lots of useful buttons which aren't present on any harmony below the 688.

I haven't used the Sony 3100.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
If you're still looking for more alternatives, you might want to consider the HomeTheaterMaster line. I use a MX700 myself, which I find to be a very good fit for my needs.

I highly recommend www.remotecentral.com as a great resource for everything you ever wanted to know about remotes. Beware there are lots of options, but once you set up a customizable remote to your own specific tastes, it's hard to go back.

-- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks