Can't decide what to watch?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Do you ever have the problem of not being able to decide what DVD you want to watch?
    I've got close to 200 titles now, and sometimes I stare at my DVD rack like it's a train wreck or something. I can't take my eyes off of it, and I can't decide what I want to watch.
    Eventually, I just end up with the 'old faithful' selections. T2, Lord of the Rings, Dances With Wolves, Office Space, Smokey & The Bandit [​IMG]
    Does anyone else have any favorites that get watched repeatedly, just for lack of finding anything else to watch?

2. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

Shawn I am all to Familiar with your Problem. The Funny thing is that I choose the same Movies that you do as good ole stand by. here is what I do when I cant decide. Walk up to your DVD Rack Close your Eyes and just pick one at random. it works

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Same for me. [​IMG]
    Fletch and Smokey and the Bandit get lots of play.

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

It's not as hard for me as I only have about 50 dvds. I usually go with Moulin Rouge & O Brother, Where Art Thou? (my favorite movie [​IMG]). I recently got into car modding so the juicy scenes of Fast and the Furious also see some play.

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    My collection isn't huge (just over 100 titles) so when I'm undecided I typically go with the newest selection (currently Sopranos season 3) or Scarface.

6. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I usually just try to pick one that I havent watched at all recently, or one that I may have only seen once or twice total. However, I sometimes find myself putting a movie in, and then turning it off after 15 minutes. Then I usally come here and wondering why I only post in the after hous lounge any more.

7. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Our collection in the Scootplex is quite large, but I still will sit in front of it for an hour when my friends come over while we try to find something to watch.

One time, we just opted out for a Laserdisc (Indiana Jones and something or other).

9. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Happens to me all the time (more than 450 titles). Since this is, in essence, a poll, I'm tempted to move the thread to that section. Talk me out of it.

10. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I avoid the conundrum by reading a book or surfing the net. Problem with surfing the net is the distractions caused by the unlimitless amounts of suggestive pictures and videos.

Unfortunately for me, I now have a problem with selecting which book to read next. So, I distract myself by playing a few rounds of Unreal Tournament 2003 or bugging my young female internet messenging partner who happens to live in Orange Country. By the time I'm done, it's too late to do anything. Problem solved!

11. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

I usually just look through them until I see something I haven't seen in awhile, or something "I've been meaning to watch."

12. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Same problem here. I usually try to solve it by just asking my wife what she wants to watch, but this never works because I never agree with her.[​IMG]
    So the titles I watch by default are things like Homegrown, Half-Baked, Starship Troopers, Phantom Menace, all 3 Jurassic Parks, things like this. Sometimes I wonder why I even buy movies, then I go drink a few beers and it comes back to me.

13. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I buy DVD's but I don't know why, I rarely watch the same movie more than once. When I do, I end up leaving or wandering around because I get bored [​IMG]

14. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

pearl harbor is probably my most watched dvd. :p)

15. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

get the pitchforks.

16. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I'll bring the torches.

17. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

18. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

you'll have to get past my homies here in my dorm first, including my roommate, who's on the defensive line of the football team. just try. [​IMG]

19. Sean Conklin

I'll bring a Drew Barrymore movie. [​IMG]
    Oh no wait, I like Velma now too.

20. Sean Conklin

Actually Thomas, I like Pearl Harbor too. Quite a bit.

Also the Beer should by all reason persuade your DL roommate. Mmmmmm some Killians Red? Maybe a nice Micro Brew?

I know, he'll love Titanic!