Can't decide on my center speaker (DEFTECH)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by derrekCM, Jul 17, 2006.

1. derrekCM

derrekCM Auditioning

I have basically made up my mind on a complete set up I am going for. It's an all Deftech set up:
    • Deftech StudioMonitor350's on stands for the front
    • Deftech Pro80's for my rears
    • and an 8" 250 watt sub
    • all running on a Denon 1906 A/V reciever

my thoughts on the center would be either the Deftech CLR2002, ProCenter C2, or the Pro Center100.

Anyone with Deftech advice please feel free to help.

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I had def tech speakers and they are great for home theater for the most part. After hearing Onix Rockets and mainly their center, I sold my def techs for a big set of Rockets and have been pleased ever since. Their big center (most people call it bigfoot) RSC200 is the best center I have ever heard or had. No more up and down on the remote between quiet dialog sounds and then down fast as its too loud on like and explosion or something. Plus they are a "10" for music. That was another downfall of the def techs. Take a look at av123.com worth the effort to look and worth the effort to try as well even if it costs you a bit in shipping if you don't like them but I bet you will. After all I figured this was going to be my last speaker purchase for a long time. I can't even imagine how much I have spent on speakers just in the last 10 years. I want them to last. I have had them for over two years now and still love them like the first day.

3. JoeHard

JoeHard Stunt Coordinator

Derrek,
    If the extra $ is not an issue go with the 2002's. I own a 2002 and have a friend with the Procenter, so I am familiar with both and I find the procenter can tend to sound harsh. As for Onix, I can't say as I have never heard their speakers.

4. derrekCM

derrekCM Auditioning

Thanks. I'm leaning to the C/L/R. Oh and did I mention, my TV is a 32" LCD