1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Decide on a 32" [JVC or Pana?]

Discussion in 'Displays' started by James McG, Feb 24, 2004.

1. James McG

James McG Auditioning

Ok I was dead set on a Panasonic 32: Tau 13SL32.

Well now I'm not to sure, a friend of mine picked up a JVC Iart 32" FA44 this weekend and it's amazing. I love the picture and everything about the unit. Casing is great, channels change very fast and the picture is everything I'm looking for.

What I'm scared of now is the Panasonic wont live up to the JVC. Now I know what your all saying...get the JVC then. I'm a big fan of Panasonic and the 2yr warranty is attractive. I'm hoping someone here can give me a good reason to go either way.

Oh and it's one of these 2, I wont even consider other brands at this point.

2. Jason*H

Jason*H Agent

I just picked up the AV32F734 and couldn't be happier. It looks amazing. In the store sitting next to Tvs that were $200 more it still looked better.

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

This might tip you over [​IMG] & it's something to check on. I know the JVC has the 16:9 DVD Mode but I don't think the Panasonic does? But on the other hand, on the Panasonic you can set the picture controls for each different input, the JVC only has one setting for the tv & inputs. Also the Panasonic has a Fixed or Varaible Audio Output, the JVC's is Fixed only. Now I don't know if this is true or not? but someone told me that the Panasonic & JVC sets are both made at the same factory in Mexico (Panasonic owns JVC) & both of them use the same tubes, parts & etc. I think either set would be a good choice so I would look to compare which features I liked the best or if you can return the Panasonic & swap it for the JVC I would take the Panasonic over to your friend's house & put it through a comparison test against his JVC, that would really help you decide [​IMG]

4. James McG

James McG Auditioning

Interesting points, this is exactly the stuff I was looking for! Thanks a lot.

5. James McG

James McG Auditioning

Any idea what the AV Compulink does? It sounds interesting but there is ZERO info on it from what I've searched.

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

JVC's AV Compulink System is on the same idea as Sony's "S" Link. It allows other JVC products to talk to each other.

Example:
    You have a JVC TV, VCR & Receiver & All are hooked up using the Compulink System.

To play a Video Tape all you would have to do is insert the tape in the VCR & the VCR would turn "ON" then the TV would turn "ON" & Switch to the Correct Video Input & then the Receiver would turn "ON" & Switch to the VCR Input. It's works kind of like a Remote that you have programmed for Macros.

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I love JVC, the make solid products. Our 27" upstairs is very service menu friendly even though it's an older model with no stock 16:9 squeeze.

Matsushita does indeed own JVC, as well as Panasonic. link