What's new

Can't decide: Near 10M II or Swan Diva 2.1 (1 Viewer)

bruin

Second Unit
I can get the N.E.A.R. 10M II for about $160 or the Swan 2.1s from this forum for $275. I have no care for the looks just performance. I've read extensive positives with the Swans but just a few for the NEAR 10m's. So in particular I'd like to get opinions if you've auditioned these two models.

ross ish

Stunt Coordinator
I can vouch for the NEAR...if you can find one, get it. There is a reason you do not see too much of these up for sale.

You would have to spend in the four figures to find a mini monitor that can compete with these. How often have you read professional reviewers describe a speaker as being holographic? especially at the NEAR 10M price range. I have excerpts of the reviews someplace. The NEAR 10M is truly high-end...it's sonic character changes depending on what the upstream components are.

These speakers are not bass challenged despite their small size. Their unique woofer is the key. They also use a tweeter that is very similar to the Wilson Watt!

It was a sad day when NEAR was bought out by Bogen. All Bogen wanted was the NEAR technology. Audio Advisor and my Friend bought out their remaining inventory and blew them out at $99/pair.

I had the 50ME II with the big center channel. My sister owns these. I had many speakers come and go, I regretted selling the NEAR.

bruin

Second Unit
Russ, thanks a lot for your info. Not a lot of people have posted their views perhaps not that many have heard them. So I guess your sister doesn't want to sell her pair does she? :) Well I just went ahead and bought a pair of the 10MII. In the future I'd like to get another pair and maybe a matching center if I can find any! Let me know if you know anyone selling.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks