What's new

Can't decide: Mits or Tosh, 65"ers (1 Viewer)

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
Just like every other piece in our HTs, the more you read, the more confused you get.

I'm looking at the Mits WS65819 and the Tosh 65HX81.

Both are nice sets, and both would be great after being tweaked.

I know that the Tosh sets look great right out of the box. It was even evident in the store.

I know that the Mits has a problem with Red push, that can be fixed. There have been horror stories with both brands. And there have been glowing reviews as well.

One problem I have is fitting the TV down the basement stairs. On that point the Mits wins because it can be broken down into two pieces. On the other hand, the Tosh will probably just fit. But what do I do when I need to bring it back up the stairs for the next upgrade?

Your opinions are welcome.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The problem with the new Tosh's are they convert 480p to 540p and the conversion is not the best....I have had both a tosh (one of the original HD ready sets) and now have a mits....Once calibrated they look awesome, especially progressive and HD pictures..

John Royster

Screenwriter
tosh - nice RPTV, 480-540 upscale bothers me, good on NTSC sources

mits - nice RPTV, no upscale, red push is there (can be fixed), OK on NTSC...just OK, DVD and HD look incredible, SO Tweakible its insane.

Its a hard pick between the two - once the MITs is tweaked/calibrated no comparably priced TV can match it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
ts a hard pick between the two - once the MITs is tweaked/calibrated no comparably priced TV can match it.
Agreed. And that is exactly why I went with the Mitsubishi. But, it's really a toss-up. When you get to viewing HD material on either set, you will be so consumed with bliss that you won't ponder if one is better than the other :D
Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread