What's new

Can't contact AOL user who won my eBay auction - What to do? (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I had an auction end last night. I immediately sent the winner an e-mail explaining payment instructions, etc. It got bounced back to me a few minutes later with the following explanation:
(I replaced the user's e-mail address with xxxxx above and replaced the brackets with '{' and '}' characters.)
I then received an e-mail from the person today asking for payment instructions. So I responded back, attaching the original e-mail. 5 minutes later, it got bounced back to me again with the same message as above. I'm able to e-mail other people (friends, etc.) on AOL without a problem.
What should I do? How the heck could the person mail me from their account if the mailbox isn't found? I really don't want to call the person on the phone.
Thanks.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Try contact EBay customer service and see if they can contact the user on your behave, or try using Hotmail, Yahoo mail,..., just in case your ISP is having problems.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
If you have Instant Messenger, you could try contacting the person that way, too. (Since it's an AOL user, their screenname will be the same on IM.)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The remailer is probably eBay itself. They use a double-blind system so that users can initially only contact each other through a mail form.

Mark Hsieh

Agent
I doubt its E-Bay. I'm an avid Ebayer and get questions and ask questions often and am able to respond/get response with any problems. Again, check the headers to see if they are using a remailer.
Oh yeah, it might also be your e-mail system because a couple weeks ago, a couple domains were banned by my isp for some reason so I couldn't get e-mail but everything is dandy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks