"Can't Buy Me Love " finally coming to DVD but only in P&S

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_O, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Gary_O

Gary_O Stunt Coordinator

According to this site, Can't buy me love and the other fortcoming buena vista realeases such as Ruthless People are only going to be released in full frame versions. By the way the site says it's coming on 7/2.
    heres the link http://psc.video.go.com/bvhe/videova...s/1737403.html

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Disney's site has been wrong on aspect ratios before. I'd be surprised if this information is correct.

In fact, at second glance, it is the EXACT same information as the VHS. This means the DVD probably is COMING on that date but they just haven't updated the specs yet to include correct aspect ratio and extras info.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

We seem to go through this every time Disney/BV releases a catalog title!
    Disney/BV does NOT release AR info automatically with their initial information, and so every web site that posts the info will assume/default to an AR of 1.33:1 until Disney provides hard info otherwise.
    The most recent-and-extensive discussion of this stuff was in this thread.
    Gary_O, I realize you mean well, and I thank you for bringing it up. But I won't be concerned until I see hard info, like a BV press release, that specifically states a MAR release is going to happen. The good news is that this is coming, and so I can at least add the (probably) street date to my "wish list". Thanks,

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Well David, I think it's a bit different because this is Disney's own site. Yes, I'm well aware that even there, they're often wrong and don't update the specs in a timely fashion, but it's their own site and that's pretty sad. Still, in the end, they seem to always end up (these days) putting out the OAR, so overall I can live with their shoddy web-site info.

5. Chris Maynard

Chris Maynard Supporting Actor

How many recognize Seth Green as the little brother in this one?
    Cute movie...would love to add it to my collection...thus...
    I can buy me love. [​IMG]

6. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

This site also lists Citizen Ruth as being available on DVD. I can only hope. No date is listed, I wonder if that means it is also coming soon? It's listed as 4:3 ratio as well, so hopefully that info is incorrect.
    I love this movie (as well as Can't Buy Me Love) and it would be great if they both make it DVDs (widescreen of course).